Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Harry faces a fight to keep his US visa application secret

(33 Posts)
lemsip Tue 21-Mar-23 16:51:18

So how DID Prince Harry get a US visa?

Campaigners demand to know if Duke admitted 'multiple' drug use on application - and call for the royal to be deported if he lied about taking cocaine before moving to California

In Spare and the TV blitz that followed, Harry admitted taking cocaine, cannabis and magic mushrooms. He said marijuana and psychedelics 'really helped' with his 'trauma' while cocaine was more a 'social thing'.

Grantanow Fri 24-Mar-23 10:02:07

Surprised he knew how to fill in the application form.

happycatholicwife1 Fri 24-Mar-23 04:44:33

Darn! We don't want 'em.

Lauren59 Fri 24-Mar-23 02:21:32

I’m American. I can verify — they’re not popular here.

Freya5 Thu 23-Mar-23 21:52:18

The very best place for h and m is the states. Because I dislike them intensly. They have been proven liars, only one side of the story ,theirs, has been told. They deride their family, and the British population, with lies, and now demand what they think is their right. I sincerely hope none of them attend the Coronation. US is welcome to them, although think even America is sick of their antics.

Siope Thu 23-Mar-23 19:44:04

Most countries have strict rules on migration, the UK is fairly tough, you have to have a skill that we need and be sponsored by an employer

That is just one of several routes.

the US is similar.

Its work sponsorship visas are a bit different to the UK’s, but again, this is only one of a number of routes. And what is markedly different is the Green Card lottery, for those nationalities that are eligible.

Katie59 Thu 23-Mar-23 19:25:21

Siope

*4allweknow*. As I know from
experience, there is nothing simple, easy or cheap about immigrating to the UK from
America. It was far more straightforward and affordable for me to emigrate to the USA than it was for my husband to emigrate to the UK (even though he had an immigration route as a spouse by then, whereas I did not).

Most countries have strict rules on migration, the UK is fairly tough, you have to have a skill that we need and be sponsored by an employer, the US is similar. Permanent migration status may still not be granted, many developing countries have virtually stopped working or migrant visas to westerners. The EU is probably the only large area where migration between countries is legal, (NZ and OZ do allow)

Rosalyn69 Thu 23-Mar-23 16:48:50

Please keep him.

Siope Thu 23-Mar-23 15:34:25

4allweknow. As I know from
experience, there is nothing simple, easy or cheap about immigrating to the UK from
America. It was far more straightforward and affordable for me to emigrate to the USA than it was for my husband to emigrate to the UK (even though he had an immigration route as a spouse by then, whereas I did not).

Keffie12 Thu 23-Mar-23 15:32:06

It's not what you know but who you know. The U.S have taken in my ex-husband. Thank God. We don't want him back here.

He's a criminal record and was deported from Canada. I kid you not.

He met his 3rd wife who is American and they married as soon as he landed their.

Her ex has a very high position job. He would lose his job if it came out why she left him. You can guess the rest

Oh and the best place for H & M is the U.S. Not because I dislike them.

I'm very much a supporter of them. They have been treated appallingly by the media and RF.

They can live their best life out their and be safer away from the vile media who are in cahoots with the palace sources to deflect from Charles, Camilla, Andrew, William and Kate.

The media are still doing it even with them out their

4allweknow Thu 23-Mar-23 15:14:06

I'm always amazed at the number of Americans who seem to easily move to live in GB. Don't think it is quite so easy for a GB citizen to just up and move tgen decide they'd like to live there on a permanent basis. I know of an adult whose son moved to US anout 12 years ago for his work and is now resident. When tge person wants to visit for 6 weeks in tge summer the visa application was refused one year on the basis too much time spent in the year before! Granted a two week visa for a visit. Of course none are royals!

merlotgran Thu 23-Mar-23 13:40:46

I’m sure they’re building up to a Coronation stunt!

Even Omid Scobie’s gone quiet. 😂

lyleLyle Thu 23-Mar-23 13:38:08

Yawn!

nipsmum Thu 23-Mar-23 13:32:17

Oh I don't really care.

katy1950 Thu 23-Mar-23 12:52:58

Please keep him America

nexus63 Thu 23-Mar-23 12:19:54

who cares.

nanna8 Thu 23-Mar-23 11:58:11

Ghastly little man, leave him where he is as he plainly doesn’t like the UK.

Smileless2012 Thu 23-Mar-23 11:58:06

I'll only care if they send him back.

Neilspurgeon0 Thu 23-Mar-23 11:56:08

Can I fully support blondiescot I couldn’t give a toss either

Devongirl4 Thu 23-Mar-23 11:16:42

I have a conviction from 1982 for growing cannabis plants ( only a few). I still go to America. I currently have a 5 year visa. Ones application goes to Homeland Security who decide. Of course Harry can legitimately enter the US. People should read up about it before pontificating

Blondiescot Thu 23-Mar-23 08:55:11

Who cares?

Grantanow Thu 23-Mar-23 08:42:10

Symbolises the strength of the UK export trade post-Brexit! Are there any other princes we could export?

Glorianny Tue 21-Mar-23 18:31:15

I'd swap Harry for James Corden any day. Just cos his initials are JC it seems to have had a very unfortunate effect on him. Can we send him back?

Littleannie Tue 21-Mar-23 18:29:43

They couldn't send him back could they? I thought we were friends.
My husband has suggested that if they do, we could put him on a plane to Rwanda. He would like that, he could save a few elephants and rhinos.

Glorianny Tue 21-Mar-23 18:29:07

Actually full admission of usage, particularly on health grounds is recommended for drug usage, So his assertion that it helped his mental health could be regarded as a positive. Add to that the fact that marijuana is legal in California and it's all just a media creation isn't it?
www.chavinimmigration.com/us-visas-citizenship/visa-ineligibility/drug-use-and-admission-to-the-us#:~:text=It%20renders%20the%20applicant%20medically,8(B)(1).

Sparklefizz Tue 21-Mar-23 18:19:24

TerriBull

Oh come on America, he's yours, I mean we've already got James Cordon back here, punishment enough surely shock

grin grin