Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tory using fake videos to smear Khan

(6 Posts)
CvD66 Tue 26-Mar-24 13:58:39

Tories have been forced to withdraw their London mayor campaign video, after it was proved they used footage of a stampede after gunfire in NewYork metro. The core of the video was to claim crime in London has risen under Khan while the truth is that crime is lower than the average for the UK (Crime survey figures 2023). Given the Tory candidate supported Liz Truss’ disastrous mini budget and is a fan of Braverman, Johnson and Donald Trump, Tories are struggling to find a honest means to attract voters!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 26-Mar-24 14:00:27

I was the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in a party political broadcast.

I think that the Tories have lost the plot!

CoolCoco Tue 26-Mar-24 14:05:13

Talk about fake news. The Tory candidate is a really unimpressive, so if that’s the best they can dig up from the talent puddle of the Tory party they really deserve to be toast

Clawdy Tue 26-Mar-24 14:12:06

Horrendous. Just when you think they can't stoop any lower.....

Urmstongran Tue 26-Mar-24 14:21:28

The Tory party seem to be making a mess of nearly all the touch. Susan Hall (69) is their candidate for the Mayoral election - in May? Yet they don’t seem to be making much of a pitch for her. A Londoner born and bred, against ULEZ. You’d think she’d stand a chance but could any of us even pick her out in a line up? I doubt it. It’s going to be Khan again I think. It’s his to lose anyway.

pascal30 Tue 26-Mar-24 17:18:51

can they stoop any lower... probably with an election coming up..