Newspaper article today:
'Jess Phillips has received so many death threats she has to remind herself not to be blasé. One night she received more than 600 rape threats. In 2019, a man forced his way into her office. The same year a white supremacist sent her a picture of Jo Cox, her friend and fellow Labour MP who was murdered in 2016, accompanied with the message: “I will have you dealt with.”
“This is not academic to me; it is something I face every day,” says the MP for Birmingham Yardley. “You learn to cope with it, but it does cause terrible anxiety. For me, I feel guilty about the people who work for me, my kids, my family.”
The security and safety of all MPs – and the very real threats they face – has come back into sharp focus this week. A MP security review is timely and welcomed for all particularly women who receive so many, in such volume and on a daily basis like Jess Philips