Gransnet forums

News & politics

Mid -Term elections

(4 Posts)
Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 09:26:27

I just hope democracy follows its course and at some point in the future both America and the rest of the world can rid itself of this tedious orange buffoon.

Petrina Wed 07-Oct-26 09:19:38

I was an observer in the 2024 presidential elections. At least in the geographical area where I was involved, the procedure was impeccable. In fact I'd argue that it was even better than UK elections.

The only reason I see for Trump to block ODIHR/OSCE is so that he can say, when he loses, that the procedure is flawed.

MayBee70 Wed 07-Oct-26 09:01:24

What lengths will he go to to try to cancel them?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Oct-26 08:58:06

Just under 1 month to go. At it isn’t looking good for Trump.

What is to do?

Well, for a start for the first time in decades he has refused international oversight of the elections.

And so it begins.