Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn’s “conspiracy theory”

(24 Posts)
MawB Tue 07-Apr-20 09:41:38

No, not Jeremy!
(Thought that might grab your attention though grin )
However I suspect he might be wishing his somewhat “eccentric” big brother would keep his bonkers ideas to himself.
Who would have guessed what a liability siblings could be!

SirChenjin Tue 07-Apr-20 09:52:52

Thankfully we live in a democracy where people are free to say what they want - Lord Sumption, Piers Corbyn, Jo Johnson...

Wouldn’t life be boring if everyone cheered the pay freeze for public sector workers, for example?

Bridgeit Tue 07-Apr-20 09:52:57

Ummm. Oh dear, conspiracy theories are inevitable.
They will run for years, we will never be 100% certain if skullduggery did or did not take place.

lemongrove Tue 07-Apr-20 09:55:48

What skullduggery ( great word!) Brid ?

Piers Corbyn is a well known fruit and nutcase.?

Families eh?

ExD Tue 07-Apr-20 09:57:53

Well I've heard of suspicions that the Chinese did it in order to get world domination, and similar accusations against Russia.
I suppose we should expect invasion from one or perhaps both of them soon in that case!

Galaxy Tue 07-Apr-20 09:58:05

It's just code for anti semitism. He is a tedious man.

MawB Tue 07-Apr-20 09:58:38

Ooh Sirchenjin below the belt?
And entirely irrelevant of course. hmm

trisher Tue 07-Apr-20 10:02:49

I had to Google this and found it is true there was a simulation in Oct 2019. The recommendations from the meeting are interesting they very much echo what is happening here and the steps taken by the government. www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about
The rest I'm not sure about

SirChenjin Tue 07-Apr-20 10:06:09

Not below the belt - perfectly true.

Siblings, eh?! That’s the thing about free speech, it doesn’t matter if you’re the PM or the ex leader of the opposition, as an adult your brother is entitled to say what he likes.

Bridgeit Tue 07-Apr-20 10:12:45

??‍♂️?‍♀️??‍♂️Hubble, Bubble, Toil & Trouble ?Lemongrove
Stay safe.

EllanVannin Tue 07-Apr-20 10:15:24

As long as it doesn't last for 2 years like the 'flu pandemic from 1918 ! That would be an endurance test and a half, wouldn't it ?

Chewbacca Tue 07-Apr-20 10:16:20

I can imagine that JC is sat with his head in his hands, wishing his brother would just SHUT UP! grin

lemongrove Tue 07-Apr-20 10:17:39

Come on Brid ...what skullduggery in particular are you thinking of? You say we will never be 100%certain if it took place or not.

M0nica Tue 07-Apr-20 10:25:05

Oh my goodness, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. There is clearly a gene for loopy fruit cakery that runs strong in the Corbyn family.

Given JC's capacity to defend the indefensible, all those terrorists he was bosom friends with, he and his brother are probably entirely in agreement. It was them evil capitalists wot done it (caused Covid-19)

Bridgeit Tue 07-Apr-20 10:26:45

Well I always allow about 5% for the possibility that we will never know anything for sure .
So I accept the possibility that most Situations are based on facts, but cannot discount cover ups, mistakes or intentional harmful intentions.

Bridgeit Tue 07-Apr-20 10:27:55

In reply to Lemongrove ?

lemongrove Tue 07-Apr-20 10:34:04

Thank you Brid so you think there is a 5% chance that Piers Corbyn is correct, and the vaccine when we get it, will be poison.

Well.....I am prepared to risk it and will be vaccinated.?

Bridgeit Tue 07-Apr-20 10:40:28

Lemongrove On a serious note I have no doubt that we are kept in the dark about many many situations.
I do not think that a site such as GN is the place to express my opinion about them in too much depth, the reason being that one of my posts ended up being ‘ quoted’ by the Daily Mail.

trisher Tue 07-Apr-20 10:40:39

Perhaps one of the questions we should be asking is can it possibly be coincidence that this meeting was held in Oct 2019 and the virus first manifest itself in Dec 2019? Now I'm perfectly prepared to believe it was, but then the question that arises is why didn't anyone take the recommendations of this simulation seriously? At least once China was affected?

Bridgeit Tue 07-Apr-20 10:41:49

Ohh Lemons, now you have given me something else to worry about ???

POGS Tue 07-Apr-20 12:22:35

'Refuse CV Vaccine!'
----

Well that would mean what is happening to find a vaccine is a complete waste of time if that were to happen.

I can just imagine the press release from the WHO if that were advice worth contemplating-

"We've spent billions on finding a cure for COVID 19, several countries have been working to get a vaccine but we suggest you follow Piers Corbyn and DO NOT accept a vaccine under any circumstance because the Mega Rich want to cull you by putting poison in the vaccine.

Ignore all factual evidence as to the source of the outbreak, ignore all experts, they are all involved in ' THE PLOT' "

Elegran Tue 07-Apr-20 13:10:49

If we are looking for conspiracies (again!) there's no point just blaming the usual suspect, lets be more convoluted. How about a conspiracy to persuade us that any CoVid 19 vaccination will be poisoned, so that we will all refuse to have it and so we will all get the dreaded virus and give (??@??whoever??@?? but not who his tweet was naming) world domination?

Chewbacca Tue 07-Apr-20 13:19:41

I've just read that David Icke has had his YouTube channel pulled because of conspiracy theories relating to the 5G network and the CV vaccine.

Mr Icke also falsely claimed that a coronavirus vaccine, when one is developed, will include "nanotechnology microchips" that would allow humans to be controlled. He added that Bill Gates - who is helping fund Covid-19 vaccine research - should be jailed

He used to be an intelligent, respected news anchor man. Wonder what went wrong?

M0nica Tue 07-Apr-20 14:39:44

On Oxford researcher did some research into how long a secret remains a secret.

The results will really disappoint the conspircay theorists, except it won't because they will know the research was funded by a cnspiracy www.popsci.com/how-many-minions-can-you-have-before-your-conspiracy-fails]]/