Gransnet forums

News & politics

Does anyone know about the Fuel Poverty Action Group?

(5 Posts)
DaisyAnne Fri 27-May-22 15:12:55

This is them www.fuelpovertyaction.org.uk/about-us/

There was a lady on Sky News this morning talking about them; some of the ideas seemed very sensible. It seems to have been a group of people, some in fuel poverty themselves, who got together to form the group. The lovely lady was saying they were now getting offers of technical help to crunch numbers for them.

One of the things she suggested was that the Standing Charge - which you have to pay even if you have switched everything off - should come with a basic amount of energy so you can be warm, have some lights on and run a fridge. That seemed to make a lot of sense.

She also said they thought that rather than energy getting cheaper as you use more, it should start at its cheapest and get more expensive. There are green arguments for that as well as fuel poverty ones.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-May-22 15:15:43

Haven’t had time to check the link, but your last two paragraphs in OP make perfect sense ??

Whitewavemark2 Fri 27-May-22 16:32:46

Thanks for that.

I am worried for the future though and how far this is going to go.

Callistemon21 Fri 27-May-22 16:51:00

Yes, I'd heard of them.

Those two suggestions make perfect sense.

DaisyAnne Fri 27-May-22 17:14:01

Can you imagine a group of people trying to cope with the threat of no heating getting together and doing this? I will try and read more but I just thought "good on you".