Gransnet forums

News & politics

So have you accepted you are being played yet?

(2 Posts)
CvD66 Fri 27-May-22 17:39:04

The PM was never going to resign. Like Trump the PM believes he can do anything and get away with it. Gold wallpaper anyone?
the PM knew the culture he encouraged in No 10:was breaking the law but knew if he kept lying, he would get away with it. Firstly he used a partygoer(Simon Case) to run the inquiry. Then when Sue Grey got too efficient he stopped her by getting the police involved. Their farcical investigation which barely touched the sides, is considered by many a tactic merely to delay the Grey report.
As he probably anticipated in this crazy world, international events have moved on so the PM seeks to claim his recent actions should mitigate his ‘slight error’.
Yet to claim this week, his great leadership approach required him to say goodbye to leaving staff….while at the same time many thousands could not say goodbye to their loved one. This is sneering at the public to the highest degree!
Now today, as highlighted by another poster, the PM has changed the rules on breaking the ministerial code. No need for him to resign now. If he wasn’t guilty why would he do that?
So guys. You are being played. Sit back and watch him destroy our democracy even further. Soon his cronies will be in all significant roles and we can kiss goodbye to decent standards of living. This winter we will see immense distress and Johnson will carry on laughing at us, just as he did in the Commons yesterday!

MaizieD Fri 27-May-22 18:06:37

Is the sanction for lying to Parliament, which is a no no for all MPs, actually superseded for Ministers by the Ministerial Code? (I haven't expressed that very well, but I hope you know what I mean)