Gransnet forums

News & politics

Interview by Clive Myrie on the BBC

(15 Posts)
62Granny Sun 29-May-22 10:53:08

Clive Myrie interviewed the Russian ambassador Andrei Kelin this morning , the ambassador looked very uncomfortable, very red faced a sweaty. Looking to one side during the interview, usually a sign they are lying. It was a very good interview.

Boz Sun 29-May-22 10:57:05

Clive Myrie is excellent. But please remember if the Russian Ambassador doesn't stick to script it will be a return to Siberia.

Doodledog Sun 29-May-22 11:04:33

Clive Myrie is so good. He's calm and sharp, and remained perfectly polite, even when it must be very difficult for him, having just returned from Ukraine.

As Boz said, however, there wasn't much hope that the interview was going to be 'full and frank', as Kelin won't be free to speak his mind. It must have been difficult for them both.

Gillycats Sun 29-May-22 11:11:24

Wasn’t Clive brilliant! He’s a very good journalist, one of the best, and made good challenges. I’d put money on that ambassador fearing for his safety because you can’t defend the indefensible. He was absolutely lying. Putin is an evil psychopath, I just wish someone would take him out.

BeEmerald Sun 29-May-22 11:18:06

Clive Myrie is a wonderful journalist and presenter. I love him on Mastermind. He’s as good as Magnus who I had the pleasure of meeting once. A very long time ago now.

lemsip Sun 29-May-22 13:22:48

Yes, I like Clive Myrie on mastermind aswell

Grayling Sun 29-May-22 14:49:47

I also thought he was excellent. Pity he's not Andew Marr's replacement.

Jane43 Sun 29-May-22 14:58:32

I also watched this morning. Clive Myrie was brilliant, there is no other word for it. There were some close ups of The Ambassador’s face and looking at his eyes I felt that not only was he lying he was afraid, probably of saying the wrong thing and incurring Putin’s wrath.

Oldbat1 Sun 29-May-22 19:56:07

Clive Myrie was really excellent during the interview.

Washerwoman Mon 30-May-22 07:50:04

My goodness that was powerful stuff.As a result of comments here just watched that interview on iplayer. Clive Myrie was superb.How he stayed so calm,professional and polite I will never know.Especially after he has walked around Bucha and witnessed the horrors first hand.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 30-May-22 07:55:38

He is as bright as a button is Clive Marie.

MawtheMerrier Mon 30-May-22 09:00:42

Whitewavemark2

He is as bright as a button is Clive Marie.

Myrie not “Marie” -autocorrect I suspect - it tried to do it with me too!

Whitewavemark2 Mon 30-May-22 09:16:48

Yep

honeyrose Mon 30-May-22 11:02:42

Yes - brilliant interview. I think Clive Myrie was very professional, measured and probing at the same time. He was extremely polite and got his questions across well. I have utter respect for him. At the same time, Kelin looked increasingly uncomfortable and I agree with others - he has to tow Putin’s party line. Kelin’s sideways looks and his shutting down of some of the questions was very telling.

Blinko Mon 30-May-22 22:07:15

An excellent interview. CM is one of our top notch reporters.