Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris Johnson’s Lies - All of ‘Em! ?

(14 Posts)
FannyCornforth Mon 04-Jul-22 09:18:10

Hello
I’ve recommended Peter Oborne’s excellent book ‘The Assault on Truth’ several times on here.

Last night Oborne was interviewed by (lovely) Darren Adam on LBC.
And I was delighted to hear that Oborne has created a website where all of Johnson’s lies are collated.

Apparently, Oborne has numerous staff working around the clock to keep it constantly updated!

I thought that you’d be interested too.
Here it is:

boris-johnson-lies.com/about

FannyCornforth Mon 04-Jul-22 09:19:01

And here is the book:

The Assault on Truth: Boris Johnson, Donald Trump and the Emergence of a New Moral Barbarism amzn.eu/d/aFeKr85

FannyCornforth Mon 04-Jul-22 12:33:07

Oh well.
Not as interesting as I thought! ?‍♀️

Esspee Mon 04-Jul-22 13:30:19

Hi Fanny, hope you are improving day by day.

I’ve had a look at your link but have seen another list of his lies online which went on for pages and pages.
The man is a disgrace to the position he holds. Let’s hope he’ll be gone soon or the Conservative Party will be history after the next election.

MaizieD Mon 04-Jul-22 13:49:34

Sorry, FannyC. I did look at this thread, but as I bought Oborne's book when it was first published and everyone in the UK must know by now that Johnson is a compulsive and fluent liar I couldn't think of anything useful to add... ?

Peter Stefanovic made a video last year of many of his lies, with illustrative video clips. It went to about 4 million 'views', IIRC*, but, basically, the Nation just shrugged...

(*Just logged onto his twitter feed where it's a 'pinned' tweet and it's had 40million views shock )

twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2

maddyone Mon 04-Jul-22 14:06:27

I’m bumping your thread Fanny as I’m just going out but will look later properly.

FannyCornforth Mon 04-Jul-22 14:26:29

Thank you, you lot!
Needy? Moi? ?

Nandalot Mon 04-Jul-22 15:24:38

Thank you, FannyCornforth. Amazing link. Well researched.

Vito Mon 04-Jul-22 15:46:06

Thank you Fanny very informative and as said above well researched

varian Mon 04-Jul-22 16:34:53

It might be easier and quicker to make a list of the few times Johnson has actually told the truth.

AGAA4 Mon 04-Jul-22 16:35:24

They probably need a lot of staff to keep it updated. The lies are coming thick and fast.

FannyCornforth Mon 04-Jul-22 16:39:27

They do indeed, AGA.
Last night Oborne said that he had a vacancy too.
It’s also worth noting that Oborne used to work for The Telegraph

varian Mon 04-Jul-22 18:22:26

As did Sir Max Hastings, former editor of the Daily Telegraph

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/14/prime-minister-boris-johnson-alternatives

varian Mon 04-Jul-22 18:24:20

In June 2019, Hastings described Boris Johnson, the Conservative Party leadership candidate, as "unfit for national office, because it seems he cares for no interest save his own fame and gratification ... [his] premiership will almost certainly reveal a contempt for rules, precedent, order and stability ... If the price of Johnson proves to be Corbyn, blame will rest with the Conservative party, which is about to foist a tasteless joke upon the British people – who will not find it funny for long."[17] He has continued along this line of argument throughout the Johnson premiership and he said that "the experiment in celebrity government to which the Conservative Party committed us has failed, and is seen by the world to have failed. The foremost task for a successor is to restore Britain's reputation as a serious country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Hastings