Gransnet forums

News & politics

Yougov Poll

(14 Posts)
varian Thu 29-Sep-22 18:09:41

Labour surges to 33-point lead over Tories
Gap in party support thought to be biggest since 1990s

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/yougov-poll-labour-lead-conservatives-tories-n90lqlgf7

MaizieD Thu 29-Sep-22 18:30:14

We have a thread on this already, varian

varian Thu 29-Sep-22 18:32:00

Sorry Md I hadn't spotted it.

nexus63 Thu 29-Sep-22 18:32:46

i did this you gov poll the other day.

Fleurpepper Thu 29-Sep-22 18:33:45

MaizieD

We have a thread on this already, varian

No harm in repeating it, again and again.

Add Lib Dems and Greens = 67%

DaisyAnne Thu 29-Sep-22 18:36:10

They were saying on one of the TV News programmes that the last time this happened was in Tony Blairs honeymoon period. I just hope they keep their feet on the ground and the left don't think they can take this to extremes. That is not what brings people over to them.

Lathyrus Thu 29-Sep-22 18:42:21

I’m a floater (though never Tory) who will now vote Labour on the basis that they might be better and couldn’t be worse.

Now they have to make sure between now and the next election they don’t do anything to make me change my mind..

Thr trouble is I think it’s very possible they might?

Fleurpepper Thu 29-Sep-22 18:48:13

I am a floating voter, but never ever Tory. I will vote tactically for t he best chance to get rid of Tories. Happy to vote Labour under KS, Lib Dem or Green- and would love to see a coalition of all 3.

varian Thu 29-Sep-22 18:58:19

Whenever the next election comes we must all vote for the candidate best placed to defeat the Tories.

I am fortunate to be able to vote for the party I support - the Liberal Democrats.

We had an excellent LibDem MP for 18 years and are now represented by a disgraced and utterly disgraceful person elected as a Tory but now expelled from the parliamentary Conservative party because of allegations of sexual harassment, drug taking and corruption, who has not had the decency to resign and allow us to replace him with another good LibDem MP.

If I lived in a constituency where the Labour Party were in the strongest position to defeat the Tories I would have no hesitation in voting Labour. If I lived in Brighton I would vote Green as I think Caroline Lucas does a good job.

We must all, as soon as we get the chance vote for the candidate best placed to defeat these corrupt and incompetent Tories.

Fleurpepper Thu 29-Sep-22 19:00:39

Same here, will vote Lid Dem because I live in a staunch Cons constituency, but for the first time ever, the Lib Dems truly stand a chance.

Daisymae Thu 29-Sep-22 19:09:50

There's no way my area will return anyone other than a Tory. I have voted Green on occasion as a protest vote, but Labour from now on, not much else I can do.

varian Thu 29-Sep-22 19:12:37

You could do more Daisymae. Vote Labour and campaign for the La our Party to commit to electoral reform.

DaisyAnne Thu 29-Sep-22 19:39:03

Fleurpepper

I am a floating voter, but never ever Tory. I will vote tactically for t he best chance to get rid of Tories. Happy to vote Labour under KS, Lib Dem or Green- and would love to see a coalition of all 3.

I will too Fleuerpepper. It's most unlikely a Labour vote would help get the Tories out in my constituency but if it had moved that far then that is who I would vote for. I do hope they understand why people will do this though and not go to any sort of extreme.

volver Thu 29-Sep-22 20:14:55

Just seen on Twitter that if there was a GE tomorrow, with the 33 point lead, then the Tories would get a total of 61 seats.