Gransnet forums

News & politics

Reporting Trump's comments on other countries

(8 Posts)
DaisyAnneReturns Wed 30-Sept-26 07:20:26

I have been listening to "Today" and was suprised to hear them report "President Trump" said xyz about the arrest of some men in Whelford, a village close to RAF Fairford.

He is not (thankfully) our President. Surely his comments should be prefaced by "America's President Trump" just as you might expect "President of France, Emmanuel Macron"?

Cossy Wed 30-Sept-26 09:28:38

Indeed, I agree.

What’s more, America, and their Trump can keep his comments about events in our country to himself, unless he’s going to bother to fact check his comments!

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 30-Sept-26 09:38:49

He won’t ever admit he’s wrong though! Which is a problem.

Oldnproud Wed 30-Sept-26 09:38:59

Cossy

Indeed, I agree.

What’s more, America, and their Trump can keep his comments about events in our country to himself, unless he’s going to bother to fact check his comments!

Trump fact check things???
I do wonder if the man even knows the meaning of the word 'fact', and the only meaning of 'check' that he knows is probably the one that we British spell as 'cheque'!

DaisyAnneReturns Wed 30-Sept-26 09:42:10

I could understand him commenting as I believe the incident was close to an American air force base. It was Today I felt was at fault - and other presenters.

grumppa Wed 30-Sept-26 10:01:37

Can there be any Today listener who needs to be reminded of where Trump is President?

AGAA4 Wed 30-Sept-26 12:04:31

It is understandable that Trump would comment because of US involvement there but to criticise the way the police and security services acted was out of order.
Think he needs to get his own country sorted before making negative comments about others.

nanna8 Wed 30-Sept-26 13:08:40

We just laughed when we heard his statement . What a weird man he is. Alarming that he has so much power.