Gransnet forums

News & politics

Find the cheapest petrol in your area

(5 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Oct-26 18:11:47

Burnham has announced that google maps is to list the various petrol outlets and the cost.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 08-Oct-26 18:18:33

There is already an App doing this, it has been available for years.

Not such a great pronouncement 🤦‍♀️

Bea65 Thu 08-Oct-26 18:21:01

I use Fuel map to show which postcode offer the lowest near me

Grammaretto Thu 08-Oct-26 18:34:27

I would need to drive a long way out of my area or join Costco to get the cheapest. So Tesco, you're safe with me. Anyway all the nearest ones have pricematched by the looks of it.

I use my bus pass at every available opportunity.

Casdon Thu 08-Oct-26 18:40:53

It’s a good idea, as most people use Google maps as their satnav now, so they will see the best deal. I hope it will mean that the garages that are ripping people off will level their prices down to that of their competitors, but in rural areas there’s a monopoly by a few garages who peg high. I always fill up when I go down to Cardiff, last week I paid 6p a litre less than I would have locally. It really annoys me.