Gransnet forums

Chat

Early morning gransnetting!!

(58 Posts)
helshea Tue 24-May-11 06:09:11

I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me... quite often I am the first person on gransnet in a morning.. well one of the first people to post in the forums...What is up with me?

mollie Tue 24-May-11 07:35:44

Wht's up with all the rest, I'd ask, Helshea...I'm up early too because I love this time of the day (up since 6am) ...do they know what they are missing I ask myself? smile

coastwallker Tue 24-May-11 07:47:36

I'm an early bird to usually - running late today. I think the morning is the best time of day smile

Magsie Tue 24-May-11 08:35:54

I often look on Gransnet first thing but no-one seems to be about! Perhaps the first person on should say "Morning!" and start us all off.

BodhranBev Tue 24-May-11 09:22:28

Good Morning everyone! Still three working adults living here - roll on retirement!

gangy5 Tue 24-May-11 09:57:37

Hello - Good morning would be a good idea for the first person on in the morning. Perhaps it could be headed 'discussion of the day' and we could all then chip in - even the ones who get up later!

harrigran Tue 24-May-11 15:44:56

If I switch the computer on first thing in the morning I will be there for hours. I wait until elevenses and an excuse to sit for half an hour.

Hattie64 Tue 24-May-11 20:10:43

6.00 AM, blimey I am still sleeping in bed, to be awakened by a cup of tea, then a read of my book, and finally staggering out and making breakfast, eating breakfast whilst reading the papers, then trying to do a few jobs inbetween ringing my daughter or the odd friend or two. If I then switched on my pc, nothing would get done. It is an effort to have a shower and put clothes on. So no, you definately won't see me on here at 6a.m.

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 20:23:10

Don't forget, we have GM's/GD's worldwide, so ones early morning is another's evening.

helshea Tue 24-May-11 23:40:11

Well its late now... but I will be here at 6 ish in the morning... so come on let's be there early...but then the question is asked.. who is the first person in the morning or the last one at night? is there a difference?

glassortwo Tue 24-May-11 23:47:00

Time you were in bed you have to be up early smile

helshea Wed 25-May-11 00:00:41

Thanks .. you are so right, but I cant resist another ten mins.

helshea Wed 25-May-11 00:06:56

Goodnight everyone. :-)

helshea Wed 25-May-11 06:10:08

MORNING EVERYONE!!! i'm here!!!

VProudGranny Wed 25-May-11 06:30:51

Only up this early because my husband thought to put the tv on in the bedroom - sky sports news - how rude!

coastwallker Wed 25-May-11 07:02:03

Morning all, Big day here. My first grandchild is probably going to put in an appearance today. My daughter has pre-eclampsia and they the docs were saying last night he is better out than in. I was hoping I wouldnt know it was happening until afterwards but it is not to be. smile

VProudGranny Wed 25-May-11 07:37:18

I know how you feel coastwallker, I didnt want to know but my daughter eneded up being induced - not all bad ended up with lovely little grandson. Good luck smile

Notsogrand Wed 25-May-11 07:54:32

Morning everyone.....up at 6 making jam, it's all setting nicely now.
The weather looks a bit calmer, so here's hoping for a warmer and less windy day.
Setting off soon to collect 30 rooted dahlia cuttings from Romsey....bought last November for DD2's Christmas present.....she's had to wait a while to unwrap it!
Will be thinking of you today coastwalker, a very special day smile

glassortwo Wed 25-May-11 07:55:18

Goodmorning all, I did think of getting up at 5.45am to see who was up, but I was too warm and cosy, and cant get reception in bed for laptop( just as well I never would get any sleep) smile
helshea have you been to bed?
VProudGrany good luck for today, I hope your new GC makes and early appearance for you to save you hours of worry, you can fill your time on GN, let us know the good news when the little one arrives.

helshea Wed 25-May-11 19:29:28

Glass or two, Of course I have, but no sooner do you go to bed than it is morning again! Isn;t it weird that as you get older you actually don't actually sleep as much, do you think it's our body clocks thinking.. time is running out, so best not waste as much of it asleep?

glassortwo Wed 25-May-11 19:40:32

helshea just a blink of an eye and thats the week gone, so sleeping is just wasting time smile

coastwalker and VProudGranny sorry got you mixed up this morning. Any news yet on the new arrival coastwalker

helshea Thu 26-May-11 05:58:15

Morning everyone.. wakey wakey, rise and shine!

coastwallker Thu 26-May-11 06:41:59

Good morning all!
Still waiting for the arrival. The induction yesterday evening didn't get things moving so the plan was to repeat it at 1am to start her off today after we had all had a good night's sleep. So today should be the day!

helshea Thu 26-May-11 06:57:44

A long day ahead then coastwallker! Let us know as soon as you can, and enjoy the moment.

Notsogrand Thu 26-May-11 08:45:02

Morning everyone....a bit late off the starting blocks here! Looking after 3 yr old grandson this afternoon so need to get all the boring bits done this morning to leave time for plenty of worm and dinosaur hunting later on.
Looking forward to hearing your news coastwalker smile