Gransnet forums

Chat

Prostitution

(54 Posts)
helshea Sat 31-Dec-11 13:22:57

Why do some societies think that paying for sex is wrong - and do we not all pay for sex in one way or another? A marriage licence does not make you a nice person and getting paid for your time does not make you a bad person... and why don't people realise that actually some prostitutes want to be just that - they enjoy it! It's not all about manipulation and danger - in fact probably no more so than some marriages. Who gives us the right..........

granjura Wed 20-Jun-12 16:56:02

Very different to UK now though. If some of the prostitutes are forced into it by pimps, poverty and desperation (like for many of the Eastern Europe or African prostitutes who think they are coming here for a life of luxury- and their passports taken away by pimps) - then it should be illegal, surely.

Many prostitutes nowadays become prostitutes because they see it as 'easy and quick' money. Two of the students at my daughter's University laughed at those who worked in a bar or supermarket to keep afloat - saying they could get the same money in a couple of hours, buy designer clothes, etc.

I do not know of a single mother out there who would be happy to see her daughter make that choice. So why is it OK for other people's daughters? Just don't get it.

And yes, if it was the only way to keep my kids fed and warm - I would do it to, of course.

LydiaReid Wed 20-Jun-12 17:25:05

Greatnan Tue 19-Jun-12 10:22:12
I hope the police attitude towards assaults on prostitutes has improved and that of some newspapers. I remember my outrage when the headlines read 'Yorkshire Ripper now targets innocent woman'.

Well said Greatnan

But do we really help prostitutes by making it illegal to supply sex but not illegal to use a prostitute
The famous "i thought she was older" disappears as does another reason for taking drugs
In Scotland and in England we have women and children boys and girls brought into the country against their will to use for sex

It may be easier to protect them if we make prostitution illegal

We then have a right to shut down places like the barely disguised shops supplying sex disguised as massage parlours
Many years ago the houses used as a place to sell sex were easy to spot and will be now

angiebaby Wed 14-Nov-12 21:11:16

i heard someone say once,,,ill pull anybodys plonker !...for 5 grand !!!!!!i had to laugh, uuummm...why do i go out to work ? !!!ladies of the night,,,do it for the money,,,,,,,come on grans were not that thick are we ? when i was in saudia arabia....you used to see girls with the arabs in hotels. they must have made a fortune. good luck to them.