Gransnet forums

Chat

Is it us or......

(7 Posts)
Littlenellie Tue 31-Jul-12 08:01:43

I am saddened to hear of yet another of my son/ daughters friends has died at the age of 33 ,is it just us but we seem to have a long list of young people around us that have died,either through murder,fire,car accident,motorbike accident,suicide,and the last one illness...this brings the toll to 8 of those we know about,and dosent include my two girls..all of these young people have been through my life and in my home eating at my table calling me mummy P...sad

vampirequeen Tue 31-Jul-12 10:13:58

I'm very sorry to hear this Littlenellie. It must be very difficult for you. x

Anagram Tue 31-Jul-12 10:16:52

How sad, nellie, especially as they were such young people. I'm sure you made all their lives a bit brighter just by being you! smile

whenim64 Tue 31-Jul-12 11:01:06

I'm very sorry to hear ths nellie The impact on so many people who have been close to these young people must be awful. flowers

Mishap Tue 31-Jul-12 11:06:19

Yes - the loss of a young person is so hard - they are just coming into their own personalities. Thinking of you.

soop Tue 31-Jul-12 13:57:00

Littlenellie A warm ((hug)) from me to you. flowers

Littlenellie Tue 31-Jul-12 15:56:13

Thank you all it is my son I worry about,each one that happens just makes the shell he puts round himself that little bit thicker,almost as though he has become hardened to it,we do seem to have lost a lot of young friends over the years.
When we go to Essex we seem to visit more graves in one outing,than we do houses... sad, I seem to be able to through counselling etc be able to deal with the knocks we have had,but like a lot of men won't seek help,till he seems that much harder and uncaring when in fact I know he is as soft hearted as me....