Gransnet forums

Chat

Do Men Get Their Say too......?

(89 Posts)
Barleysugar Sun 12-Nov-17 10:25:37

Is there the equivalent of a ‘ mensnet’ on line ?

I think it would be very interesting to hear their comments on some subjects, because as far as I can make out, after thirty years of marriage, mostly happy (!), I do believe their brains are wired up differently to ours!

No disrespect whatsoever to all the male species out there!

janeainsworth Tue 26-Dec-17 22:24:10

Plenty of scope here grin
www.dullmensclub.com
menssheds.org.uk

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Dec-17 14:25:40

Are you alright, Bumblebee, you havent posted for some time.

mcem Fri 29-Dec-17 14:36:45

Bumblebee disappeared after several posters pointed out that some of his posts were inappropriate.
Whether his absence is long or short term remains to be seen.

MissAdventure Fri 29-Dec-17 14:39:09

He buzzed off, presumably. grin

mcem Fri 29-Dec-17 14:42:57

Not sure if he buzzed off or was swatted!!

Christinefrance Fri 29-Dec-17 17:34:51

I'm sorry your experience of men has been difficult Sunny but they are not all tarred with that brush. I do get a bit tired of the constant belittling of men evident on some threads.
Yes I am living happily in SW France with my very kind husband and lots of animals.

Sunny82z Sun 31-Dec-17 14:14:19

Christinefrance sounds idyllic, thinking vineyards and sunflowers.

I think belittling any body is not on; I just wouldn't ask a man what he thought of women in big pants! The cricket score yes or how to service a lawn mower which are questions I wouldn't ask another woman. I wonder if bumblebee has any advice re:servicing a lawn mower but then he seems to have retired from this thread.

Bridgeit Sun 31-Dec-17 15:39:02

Yes it's called the Pub?Definitely wired up differently,not necessarily badly , but definitely differently,men are from Mars, women are from Venus !

Christinefrance Sun 31-Dec-17 21:09:18

Not the vineyard Sunny but it is idyllic if you like the peace and quiet of the countryside with barely any traffic.
You will be pleased to know that big knickers are back in fashion according to Trinny, can't beat a bit of comfort !!
Can't help with lawn mower - sorry. grin

IngeJones Mon 01-Jan-18 09:58:08

Male posters should make it clear they are males when posting, so that we women can make all the necessary allowances for you ;)

Sunny82z Mon 01-Jan-18 11:58:35

Hit the nail on the head Bridgeit just when I need some male input (re the lawn mower) they have all vanished.....typical, dare I say. I think the problem with their wiring is that they tend to short circuit.

Great news about the big pants Christine I bought a pack in Marks by accident. How has the weather been down in the SW? I have very fond memories of Charente Maritime.

Amma54 Mon 01-Jan-18 12:06:22

Men could start their own if they want?

POGS Mon 01-Jan-18 12:16:47

To be honest over the years I would have chosen to read the posts by posters such as grummpa , Pete et al rather than some others posters.

I don't think that has much to do with their gender but what I thought they brought / bring to the conversation.

Perhaps there is a personal issue rather than a general one regarding male posters and I have to say over the years I have seen some pretty awkward times when ' female chauvinism ' has made me wonder why do they bother at times.