Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you fancy a photo' walk?

(88 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 06-Apr-20 16:18:03

I was ill and therefore stuck indoors for a very long time even before my current 'lockdown'. One of the things that kept my spirits up was looking at the wonderful photographs of my local town that people kindly posted.

So, I wondered if you would like to take us on a 'photo walk' of where you live? The photo's here have all been taken, not by me, but within easy walking distance of my home. (All taken during permitted exercise.)

1. My road
2. A walk above the town
3. A favourite view

justwokeup Tue 07-Apr-20 18:05:28

Sorry don't know where the pics went - they were on the preview, honest!

justwokeup Tue 07-Apr-20 18:04:36

It's a bit built up and industrial here but still stunning views to be had. The first one lit up our early dog-walking. Also some lovely aspects up close like the second photo of my neighbour's plants and I get the benefit too. I'm very envious of photographers who show us the wonderful world we live in.

vampirequeen Tue 07-Apr-20 17:08:49

Some of us are so lucky in where we live.

Marmight Tue 07-Apr-20 17:03:55

Some lovely photos giving a snapshot of where we all live.
On my walk this morning I got talking to a man in his garden. He too was digging a big hole by the house Soniah and commented ‘I’m digging a grave ...... for the family’ it took me a couple of seconds to catch on ?

Soniah Tue 07-Apr-20 16:51:34

And my walk round the garden today, digging a second pond, can only manage a bit at a time

Soniah Tue 07-Apr-20 16:48:13

From my last walk from home yesterday, wonderful N Wales

morethan2 Tue 07-Apr-20 16:28:52

Thanks for your wonderful photos. Here are some of my favourite local places to walk.

elsieshufflebottom Tue 07-Apr-20 16:09:31

@quizqueen If you're talking about photo's, it's a moot point. An apostrophe replaces the "graphs".

Thecatshatontgemat Tue 07-Apr-20 16:08:15

What a very lovely idea.
And what bliss to actually see the scenes without being all cluttered up with people.
Excellent thread.

oldgoat Tue 07-Apr-20 15:06:47

I'm loving seeing all these photos. What beautiful scenery some of us have nearby.
Here are some pictures which I took this morning on my dog walk.

The River Ouse with the Archbishop's palace on the left. This path was under several metres of water just a few weeks ago.

The ruins of the old church which was falling into the river.

The Sustrans track on the route of the old East Coast Mainline. Very busy usually with cyclists and walkers, but not at 8.00am

May7 Tue 07-Apr-20 14:21:10

For you 123kitty
NW coastal path
Sampson cove leading to Borth y gest

grannyactivist Tue 07-Apr-20 14:08:54

May7 I last walked along that stretch of coastline when I was celebrating my 15th birthday more than fifty five years ago. My dad rented a farmhouse at Chwilog and it was the first holiday I ever had with a parent.

Flygirl Tue 07-Apr-20 13:58:02

Yay! Worked it out!

Flygirl Tue 07-Apr-20 13:57:43

Well I am in Essex, too, and it is a beautiful county! I have the most lovely bluebell wood behind my house. If I can work out hòw to upload the photo I will post it.

Heather51 Tue 07-Apr-20 13:53:46

Lovely photos. Another one here not allowed out of the house, so really appreciate seeing the beautiful countryside around you all. Don’t think I’d get similar photos here in Essex but there are still some lovely areas. Thank you all.

AlfiesGM Tue 07-Apr-20 13:49:59

This is where my dd and I are walking at the moment, it’s within walking distance of our house, but before the lockdown we’d never been here! It’s now our go to place for peace and quiet, we’ve never seen a soul here

TrendyNannie6 Tue 07-Apr-20 13:41:37

Fantastic pics everyone. Thanks so much for posting

123kitty Tue 07-Apr-20 13:38:21

Keep trying May7 - I lived in North Wales for years and would love to see your photos.

May7 Tue 07-Apr-20 12:57:22

Then it works grrrrr. It's of the welsh coastal path between Criccieth and Llanbedrog

vampirequeen Tue 07-Apr-20 12:56:33

This is one of the field walks around our village.

May7 Tue 07-Apr-20 12:55:11

Well I've tried 3 times but can't upload photos. I'll try again later after I've picked my phone up off the floor?

Rebecca5 Tue 07-Apr-20 12:53:47

My husband took this photo whilst walking the dog early this morning along the canal path on the edge of our village. If you look closely on the right hand side you can see a barn owl in flight.

May7 Tue 07-Apr-20 12:51:03

This is not from my walk today because I choose not to but it is from my walk last year so I'll hold that memory

Doorstop Tue 07-Apr-20 12:48:44

Thank you for all your lovely photographs. I am very envious of all the green spaces and woodland walks.

BlueBelle Tue 07-Apr-20 12:47:37

Today I took my exercise by going to the cemetery My Mum Dad Nan Grandad Son in law and cousins are all there it’s such a lovely calm place