Gransnet forums

Chat

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.

(52 Posts)
beautybumble Tue 16-Jun-20 15:19:04

Hello everyone. I hope you're all very well. Today its my 70th birthday and I'm feeling more alone than usual. I did visit my youngest daughter for half an hour this morning, but apart from that, nothing. Not heard from my dear son or even got a card from him and my other daughter doesn't feel like talking today. Sooo, I think I'll go for a walk and try to look on the bright side as I usually try to do and buy a bar of chocolate for this evening. Oh bother!

Oldbutstilluseful Tue 16-Jun-20 17:52:12

Happy birthday. It’s a very special day beautybumble and you should treat yourself to something special. I’m sorry your family don’t seem to realise what this milestone means to you.
Why don’t you start planning something you’ve always wanted to do, so when we are released back to some sort of normality you have it to look forward to. ?????

tickingbird Tue 16-Jun-20 17:54:44

Happy Birthday beautybumble. I’m sorry your son forgot to send a card and daughter 2 is being a misery. Enjoy your chocolate and your walk and just have a ‘you’ day xx

Susan56 Tue 16-Jun-20 18:18:34

Happy birthday beautybumble ??????

ginny Tue 16-Jun-20 18:36:20

A very Happy Birthday to you!
I hope you have bought yourself a treat.
Great idea to start looking for something to enjoy at a later date. Something very indulgent , just for you.

mumofmadboys Tue 16-Jun-20 18:49:06

Happy birthday Beautybumble!

lavenderzen Tue 16-Jun-20 18:51:23

Happy Birthday Beautybumble

J52 Tue 16-Jun-20 18:56:17

Wishing you a happy birthday, spoil yourself tonight and when you can get out give yourself a huge treat!

BlueBelle Tue 16-Jun-20 19:20:17

Happy birthday Beautybumble sorry I m late but I hope you’ve had a lovely day in some way or other
Give yourself a treat not very kind of the kids to do nothing for you or with you I d suggest a big ole glass of whatever takes your fancy tonight

Cherrytree59 Tue 16-Jun-20 19:25:14

Bit late in the day, so you may have started on your chocolate Beautybumble hope you enjoyed it and had a nice walk.
And I wish you a pleasant birthday evening. wine ?

Grannyben Tue 16-Jun-20 19:33:12

Hope you have had a lovely birthday, beautybumble. I know it might not have been what you hoped for but, I hope it was special nonetheless cupcakeflowers

NfkDumpling Tue 16-Jun-20 19:44:54

Happy Birthday Beautybumble! That’s the real birthday nearly over so time to start planning your official birthday when we’re all out of restrictions. I’ll bring my special marmalade cake ? and some blackberry brandy ?. I’ve got some that five years old and very good.

CherryCezzy Tue 16-Jun-20 20:09:48

beautybumble
?? Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear beauty. Happy Birthday to You ??.

???????????

Puzzler61 Tue 16-Jun-20 20:18:13

Happy Birthday Beautybumble . I hope the sun shone when you went for your walk and that you have enjoyed a BIG bar of chocolate. (When I want to spoil myself I buy a bar of that Cadbury’s Turkish Delight chocolate)
So sorry your family have caused you sadness today by letting you down. A squeeze and a hug for you ? ? ? ? ?

etheltbags1 Tue 16-Jun-20 20:49:34

Happy birthday bumble. Hope you've had a good day doing something you enjoy. I'm sure you children are thinking about you, maybe the one who doesn't want to talk is feeling down and will be in touch soon. So go to bed with a good book.
(Brew) x

etheltbags1 Tue 16-Jun-20 20:52:14

Sorry my tablet does not allow me to do pictures. So have a glass/piece of cake/other nice treat. Be kind to yourself bumble

JuneRose Tue 16-Jun-20 20:52:39

Bless you. Happy birthday. Hope the day turned out ok for you xx

Smileless2012 Tue 16-Jun-20 20:56:30

Happy Birthday beautybumblesmileflowerswine 70 years younggrin.

beautybumble Tue 16-Jun-20 21:26:21

Thank you all for such lovely birthday wishes. You've made my day. I wish you a happy future and keep well. xxxx

Yiayia4 Tue 16-Jun-20 21:31:38

Happy Birthday Beautybumblebuy the biggest bar of chocolate you can find ??????????

seacliff Tue 16-Jun-20 21:48:21

Hope you have had an OK day after all Beautybumble. A lot of people have been thinking of you today and wishing you happiness, hope you could feel that. Happy Birthday.

Grannynannywanny Tue 16-Jun-20 21:56:00

Happy birthday beautybumble Don’t read to much into the absence of cards. I’ve recently had mail with a first class stamp that’s taken 12 days to arrive ?

CanadianGran Tue 16-Jun-20 21:57:05

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to You! (now imagine my off-key voice and big smile!)

Make your day enjoyable in small ways, your chocolate, a class of wine or cup of tea, and sit in your garden or window and enjoy.

jacq10 Tue 16-Jun-20 21:58:00

Definitely go out tomorrow if you can (and are allowed!) and buy something nice to yourself. I'm sure like many of us you haven't been spending as much on things over the last few months so it's definitely the day to treat yourself. Of course maybe tomorrow your son will remember it's your birthday and your daughter will feel like talking. It's strange times just now.

Sar53 Tue 16-Jun-20 21:59:43

I'm a bit late to the party ??but a very Happy Birthday from me Beautybumble. I hope you enjoyed your chocolate ??xx

Ailsa43 Wed 17-Jun-20 00:17:45

Happy Birthday , hope your day didn't feel too lonely wine flowers