Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(439 Posts)
earnshaw Mon 03-May-21 11:39:22

it turns out that the publicity shy couple were so keen on privacy that they didnt even want the £38 million wedding we were forced into paying for them, blimey, they could have said something earlier, like before the public coughed up a fortune for security, A list celeb guests and more melodrama than an x factor sob story, they are now claiming they wanted none of that because " it didnt feel like their day ", but they went through it anyway, bless em. They told Oprah that they actually had a private exchange of vows three days before, just the two of them were present as well as the archbishop of canterbury - perfectly normal behaviour, , now that they have aired all their laundry in public to the whole world, they are off to work on that private life they claim to crave, At least until the next big interview comes up

Anniebach Mon 22-Nov-21 09:12:00

It wasn’t a shock to me

Lucca Mon 22-Nov-21 10:21:59

Anniebach

Perhaps they all chose not to attend

Maybe indeed , which is different to “they were not invited”

maddyone Mon 22-Nov-21 10:37:48

I was rather surprised, when watching the wedding, to see how many celebrities were there.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 22-Nov-21 10:41:15

I was too maddy. With the benefit of hindsight it tells us a lot I think.

Josianne Mon 22-Nov-21 10:51:08

maddyone

I was rather surprised, when watching the wedding, to see how many celebrities were there.

yes, and how much do the couple see of them all now? Were they just using them?

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 22-Nov-21 10:58:42

Well one of them was Oprah ….

Anniebach Mon 22-Nov-21 11:04:16

They all turned up for William and Kate’s wedding Lucca

MayBeMaw Mon 22-Nov-21 11:53:11

Anniebach

It isn’t on Catch Up

“Katherine The Compassionate Duchess” is available on My5 until April 2026

maddyone Mon 22-Nov-21 11:55:44

I’m assuming you mean all the family turned up for William and Catherine’s wedding, not the celebrities Annie.

One of the celebrities was certainly Oprah, and there were quite a few others. They were celebrities that the general public recognised too, not actors/actresses that we didn’t know or had never heard of before. The Beckhams went to both weddings I think, but they were known to both the princes due to charity work, so rather different.

Anniebach Mon 22-Nov-21 12:07:12

Yes maddy at William and Kate’s wedding all the extended family and heads of state

Jabberwok Mon 22-Nov-21 17:59:26

I remember the Duchess of Kents wedding in 1961 and thinking how beautiful she was. She always seemed a lovely kind compassionate person, although I know her life has not been that easy her warmth has always shone through. I forgot this programme was on until about 10 minutes before the end! I am now going to watch it all properly! Annie, I know that this is not an easy month for you, so just to let you know that I am thinking of you. flowers

Calistemon Mon 22-Nov-21 18:26:41

Anniebach

Yes maddy at William and Kate’s wedding all the extended family and heads of state

I expect the royal family meet a lot of "celebrities" through their charity work and could become good friends too.

Lots of us have friends other than family ?

What a pain, having to invite all those heads of state you don't know rather than your best friend from school!

theworriedwell Mon 22-Nov-21 19:14:21

I don't think they are that pressed for numbers. They won't be worrying about if they can afford an extra dozen or so.