Gransnet forums

Pictures

Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max).

Happy 4th Birthday Gransnet

(53 Posts)
glassortwo Tue 05-May-15 08:24:01

Happy 4th Birthday Gransnet wine flowers sunshine

grannyactivist Tue 05-May-15 12:51:39

Another wonderful organisation also has a birthday today - take a peek here: www.toilettwinning.org/

glassortwo Tue 05-May-15 12:55:43

moomin always plenty of virtual cake to go around.
Just had a peek grannya yes a celebration of a great organisation.

Granny23 Tue 05-May-15 12:57:41

If I remember correctly this photo (taken by Baubles) is evidence of the first ever G'net meet up. Amazing to think that all of us - newbies at the time - are still around on Gransnet.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 05-May-15 12:58:38

I twinned my grandsons' lavvy! They think it's great. they've got a nice framed certificate too. grin

harrigran Tue 05-May-15 12:59:30

Happy 4th Birthday Gransnet, love the cake glass.
Lovely to see you back ga flowers

baubles Tue 05-May-15 19:36:00

Happy birthday Gransnet. cupcake brew flowers Lang may yer lum reek grin

I remember that day so well G23 smile & yes it's great that we're all still here even if one of those in the pic is now on the other side of the world.

thatbags Tue 05-May-15 19:43:41

Hard to remember life without Gransnet now! Happy Birthday! birthday3

Anne58 Tue 05-May-15 19:47:58

Happy birthday GN!

I was never on Mumsnet, came straight here from Bad Mothers Club! blush

Ana Tue 05-May-15 19:51:35

Ooh, isn't that absent at the front? She who says there are no photos of her anywhere in the world...? grin

Ana Tue 05-May-15 19:56:00

Happy Birthday Gransnet

birthday3 plus one candle. Wonder why we didn't get a birthday cake emoticon this year?

rosesarered Tue 05-May-15 20:33:11

Happy 4th Birthday G'net wine and many happy returns!

merlotgran Tue 05-May-15 20:36:22

Happy Birthday Gransnet,
Celebrating four great years
Of a site we love to visit
With our triumphs, sweat and tears.

It's a place for words of wisdom
If life gets a little tough
Or a slice of cheer and cupcake
When advice is not enough.

And if now and then we argue
When we put the world to rights,
You'll be quick to hit the button
Which will put an end to fights (you hope hmm)

So Happy Birthday Gransnet,
Put a smile upon your face
With your tin hats at the ready
Just in case we wreck the place grinwine

hildajenniJ Tue 05-May-15 20:43:40

Love Gransnet!

Thanks for being there!

Happy Birthday.cupcake wine

rosesarered Tue 05-May-15 20:44:18

Why merlotgran you are a poet!smile

Marelli Tue 05-May-15 21:25:54

Happy birthday to us all! And thank you to everyone for making Gransnet what it is. smile
Granny23, I forgot about that photo - didn't we look a bunch of smashers! grin (I think I've still got that top, but it's a bit tight round the bum now blush)!

Soutra Tue 05-May-15 21:58:18

Happy Birthday to us you! Is it only 4 years? DGS will be 5 on Tuesday and I had assumed I "joined" once I was eligible as it were.
Doesn't time fly?
So wine and flowers!!

numberplease Wed 06-May-15 01:08:07

Happy birthday to us all! And many thanks to Marelli for telling me about Gransnet in the first place xx

rubylady Wed 06-May-15 01:15:49

Happy Birthday Gransnet and thank you to all for your company since I joined a few months ago now. I have some catching up to do it seems. smile

absent Wed 06-May-15 07:28:32

Ana I have never said that there are no photos of me anywhere in the world, but I have said that I have done my best systematically to destroy any that I can lay my hands on. That is, indeed, me looking sideways and daft in the red and white frock in a photograph I have no recollection of anyone (Baubles, I think I mean you!) taking – too much wine, I suspect, so I missed the opportunity to make a bolt for freedom. grin

absent Wed 06-May-15 07:32:51

Just for the record, if that was the first Glasgow meet-up, it was a huge amount of fun and the venue was fascinating. The Glad-to-See-the-Back-of-You-absent Lunch was a hoot too, but rather less cultured. I suspect that no one was in a frame (excuse the pun) of mind to take photographs – at least, I hope not.

glassortwo Wed 06-May-15 09:21:18

I wouldnt bet on that absent grin I am sure I can unearth a photo or two from your See the back of meeting ]wink]

baubles Wed 06-May-15 09:37:53

Yes glass I thought I remembered photos being taken grin in fact I'll have to have a search to see if I've got any.

Ariadne Wed 06-May-15 09:39:09

Love you, Gransnet!

glassortwo Wed 06-May-15 09:50:13

There is a whole thread of pictures absent
www.gransnet.com/forums/pictures/1198091-Leaving-party-for-Absent
Also in the North Yorkshire local another thread of photos from Yaya

For some reason I cant get the photos to show but might later. grin

Marelli Wed 06-May-15 20:22:41

Oh yes, absent....I think I have a photo of your hands as you were opening your wee leaving present.....grin