Gransnet forums

Pictures

Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max).

So annoyed my poor shorts

(8 Posts)
tanith Sun 18-Sep-16 10:55:57

When they are dry I'll try them with a longer top, I've just unpicked the label thanks for the suggestions . Maybe it's my fault for daring to hope the weather will be kind enough to wear the blooming things this week grin

thatbags Sun 18-Sep-16 09:54:25

Could you unpick the leather tab before you do any bleaching (or whatever), then at least it can't leak any more stain.

Ariadne Sun 18-Sep-16 09:51:50

Oxi White (something like that!) by Vanish is really, really good for stains. Get the "crystal white" one. Good luck!

tanith Sun 18-Sep-16 09:41:05

Can't make things worse .

tanith Sun 18-Sep-16 09:39:13

What I don't get is that the stains are from the leather lable you can see there and have been in the wash many times and been fine. I'm really short on time today so I may give Dylon a try another time. I'm tempted to just try neat bleach ? It can make things any worse I suppose.

gettingonabit Sun 18-Sep-16 09:35:13

Awww..shame. Is it just the waistband that's affected? Could you wear a longer top to disguise the stain?

Have you got time to dye them before you go on holiday?

DaphneBroon Sun 18-Sep-16 09:26:09

Easy to be wise after the event but I ALWAYS use "Colour catchers" and the colours they sometimes turn show me what a lucky escape I have had.
Have you tried Dylon stain remover? It is frankly a bleach so unless they are meant to be white, could be unwise. Otherwise, worth a try.

tanith Sun 18-Sep-16 09:22:30

Bought these shorts last year with two other colours and wear them a lot , we are off on holiday tomorrow so they were in the wash and this happened . I'm fuming as it won't come out ,I've tried everything. They must of been washed 50 times and been fine , same detergent and everything else so why now.

Thanks for listening feel calmer now grin