Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Visit to Cadbury World - event day feedback thread

(8 Posts)
Gorki Mon 18-Feb-13 13:17:25

Sorry didn't read the questions properly before I started so here are some extra comments.

I would thoroughly recommend Cadbury World for a family visit as there is so much to do there but for those who can,I would suggest going when it is not the school holidays as we had to queue 45 minutes for the Calabra ride (this did mean that we missed some of the other exhibits ) which did turn out to be the highlight of my grandson's day coupled with his encounters with the Captain.
My daughter liked the Adventure playground and I liked the whole experience especially being able to have lunch and a cup of coffee before we started and tea later on.

Everything they learnt was new to my grandchildren and as they are only 5, it was good that so many of the experiences were visual.I learnt a lot of facts I did not know especially in " Essence"when they were talking about Cadbury almost giving up on their chocolate until by chance they added the famous glass and a half of milk.The free sample at this point was yummy --melted chocolate with marshmallows.

We all loved the new eggs and spoons but found when we got home that my grandson had eaten all the middles and left the shells but I'm sure he will have come back to them by now.I didn't see the price so I don't know if I will be buying them and you have to go a long way to better the traditional cream egg.

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to go thanks to Gransnet as wel live in Berkshire and the day out would otherwise have been too expensive.

Particular thanks to Katie for her help and advice before we went.

All together a lovely day out.

katesheilaskate Sun 17-Feb-13 20:48:26

It was a really special day for us - particularly because of Captain Spoon's antics and personality. The egg and spoon race, with the adult choir, was really funny - we have just watched our film clip of it again and love it.

Mumsnet/Gransnet did a brilliant job arranging this day for us: we had difficulty carrying home all of the chocolate bounty given to us!

CadburyWorld should perhaps take a look at their whole package: it has great potential and educational value, slightly marred by queuing which surely could be avoided, particularly at the entrance and the Calabra ride, which we didn't wait for.

The egg and spoon treat is a neat idea and Oscar and Milo have enjoyed giving lessons to others in the approved method of tackling them.

The one fact that Oscar seems to have learned during the day is that the Queen's favourite Cadbury treat is a creme egg - so maybe she would enjoy the new egg and spoon treat too! Has she tried one yet, he wants to know?

Thanks again Gransnet for choosing us: I wasn't sure whether a journey of almost 4 hours in each direction would be worth it - but it certainly was. Everyone the boys have met today has been regaled with details about the trip - and about the special full sized chocolate football we bought for their father's birthday, specially inscribed by the factory (ordered in advance). It was so heavy to carry home, and their father needed to take a hammer to it today to crack it, as it was so thick!

NanSue Sun 17-Feb-13 11:28:24

I was lucky enough to be chosen for the Cadbury world experience. Thank you Gransnet! As we live quite a distance away we decided to take my 5 year old grandson by car, travelling up the night before and staying over in a travel lodge. Oliver was super excited both by the thought of Cadbury world and an overnight stay in a hotel, so it was double excitement.

"Overall what did you and your family think of the Cadbury World event day"

The day was superbly organised right from the time we stepped into Cadbury World from being greeted by Jennifer and of course Captain Spoon.
Fantastic lunch. The tour was way better than I had imagined. The talking holograms around the experience were so clever. The magician in the marquee
was very entertaining and very funny. The egg and spoon race was hilarious and enjoyed by all.

"What was the highlight of the day and highligt of DGC's day"

The highlight of the day for us adults was both the tour and watching the making of some of the products in the demonstration area, especially the ladies hand decorating the chocolates and also the many chocolate bars we sampled! There is no doubt that the highlight for our DGS was Captain Spoon. Oliver was completely enthralled at his antics and hasn't stopped talking about him since. What a gift that chap has! Also the goodie bags handed to us at the end were wonderful, we all had one each to take home. The only negative was the 45 min wait for the Calabra ride which we decided against queueing for with an impatient 5 year old.

"What did you and your DGC's think of the new egg and spoon kids easter treat".

We loved these smooth milky chocolate eggs so much, we bought a few boxes
to send to our family in Taiwan along with a hoard of other stuff. The little spoons are a real novelty.

"Did you learn anything about chocolate that you didn't know before"

We were fascinated by the process of extracting the cocoa from the pod and the beans and turning it into chocolate. Grandson however was more interested in learning how to get a whole chocolate egg in his mouth at once!

"If it came up in conversation would you recommend Cadbury World to friends as a family day out".

Without a doubt we would recommend Cadbury World, in fact my nephew and his girlfriend are going to visit in a few weeks on our recommendation of a fantastic day.

Gorki Sun 17-Feb-13 10:50:11

We all thoroughly enjoyed the day and the twins couldn't wait to tell their parents all about it--both talking at once of course.They could not believe how much chocolate they were allowed to eat and carried their goody-bags proudly back on the train not willing to part with them! We would like to thank all the people who made the day so special.They could not have done more for us.The Captain was excellent with the children and Jennifer was very kind and helpful throughout the day.The other staff were excellent too.Thank you to Gransnet who made the day possible.It was a very generous gift and much appreciated.

angiebaby Sat 16-Feb-13 21:54:15

i wasnt happy about cadbury world when i went, i thought i would see the factory working,,,but it was all shut,,,lots of walking and stairs,,,wasnt worth it,,,,,,

Gorki Sat 16-Feb-13 07:06:20

We've been up since 5am!! Haven't yet told the twins (aged 5 ) where we are going,just that it is somewhere very exciting.It will be a whole day out for my grandchildren as we will be leaving Wokingham just after 9am on a train for Reading,then Birmingham, then Bourneville.They are very excited. See you all there!

katesheilaskate Fri 15-Feb-13 19:28:01

So excited about having been chosen for this! Don't know if we will sleep at all tonight. Travelling all the way from Canterbury to Bourneville on a day trip by train is exciting enough for my grandsons, without the prospect of all that chocolate as well!!! Yoo hoo!

KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Feb-13 17:40:30

This thread is for the Gransnetters who attended the Cadbury World event day with their family. Many thanks for going along - we hope you and your DGCs had an EGG-xtra special day grin

For those of you who didn't see the recruitment thread, Cadbury invited 3 Gransnetters and their DGCs to an exclusive Easter theme day at Cadbury World. Gransnetters also recorded video footage of their day, which will soon be on Cadbury's pages on Mumsnet (here) so do keep a look out for that.

This feedback thread is for those Gransnetters who attended to post their views on how they found the day. We'd also love to know what your DGCs and other family members thought too.

Below are a few questions for you to answer but please also feel free to add any other comments you may have.

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread and uploads their video by Monday 18th Feb will receive a £20 John Lewis voucher as a thank you.

- Overall, what did you and your family think of the Cadbury World event day?
- What was the highlight of your day? And the highlight of your DGCs day?
- What did you and your DGCs think of the new Egg n Spoon kids' Easter treat? Would you consider buying this for your DGCs as a treat in the future or not?
- Did you learn anything about chocolate that you didn't know before? What about your DGCs, did they learn anything new at all?
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Cadbury World as a family day out to your friends or family? If so why, if not why not?

Thanks,

GNHQ