Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Complete this survey about the concept of feeling invisible for a chance to win a £100 voucher! *Thread title edited by GNHQ* - NOW CLOSED

(23 Posts)
Beammeupscottie Fri 04-Nov-16 22:44:11

I make sure I am not overlooked by wearing a yellow coat.

rachelmi Thu 03-Nov-16 15:41:37

Depends on the person. Some people a lot of charisma but I guess around 70 years or so.

M0nica Tue 01-Nov-16 22:32:35

Invisibility and vulnerability go together at any age.

Jane10 Tue 01-Nov-16 11:08:24

I found the questions irritating. What if you don't feel invisible then you're supposed to go about when men and women begin to feel invisible? A key point completely missed in this whole becoming invisible concept is who you're actually becoming invisible to. The perceiver as well as the perceived needs to be considered.
There's so much more to this whole area than this simplistic survey monkey covers. I've not completed it. No point. Garbage in -garbage out!

Rinouchka Sun 30-Oct-16 19:19:17

Surely it depends on the surroundings or people , as well as how you look and carry yourself, how assertive, engaged, lively and interested you are . I don't yet feel invisible and neither does my husband, I think. But sadly, social invisibility may come with increasing age , fitness and bad health. Invisibility and vulnerability seem to go together

M0nica Sun 30-Oct-16 08:37:47

.... and I might add, neither generally does the person whose eye I have caught as they too are married and have no desire to pursue anything beyond a touch of ego-boosting from catching someone's attention and holding it for an evening.

M0nica Sun 30-Oct-16 08:33:28

As I don't feel invisible, most of the questions were pointless.

On the contrary the survey is surely about whether we feel we are invisible or not and why. if we do not feel invisible we should say so. It could be that the idea of 'invisible older people' is a myth that should be debunked. Personally I tend to feel that this invisibility is a question of assertiveness rather than age.

On the question of unwanted sexual advances, who on earth would want them at any time? Personally I have never sat around bars waiting to be chatted up and I would feel that something was wrong if men young enough to be my sons or grandsons were wolf whistling or cat calling me.

However in a group of similar aged people I can, on occasion, hold the attention of a contemporary of the opposite sex, but as I am happily married I have no desire to pursue such attentions beyond the idle chat of a social occasion.

Stansgran Sat 29-Oct-16 13:50:50

Agree it could have been worded better. Though maybe there are people who secretly enjoyed gender reassurance

Lewlew Sat 29-Oct-16 12:19:22

Just did the survey. I really hated the option to the question about missing attention

I no longer get / get less random attention from the opposite sex eg getting chatted up in a bar, "wolf whistled" etc

Who the hell would miss getting wolf-whistled? When I was young and working in a big US city, this was the bane of all young women's existence as there were gadzillions of office blocks under construction in the business areas. It was like running a gauntlet, cringing and worried that you'd be followed and pestered as well.

A few years back I read in Yours or My Weekly (forget which) that Julie Peasgood, who styled herself as a Sexpert, was consoling a woman in her column who said she missed wolf-whistles in her middle age. Peasgood agreed with her.

How sexist can a GN survey get!? angry

durhamjen Fri 28-Oct-16 19:25:26

Explains why I didn't find it sexist.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 28-Oct-16 12:51:28

Hi Wobblybits, not to worry - your original survey answers will still be used! The questions haven't changed, just who can enter.

Wobblybits Fri 28-Oct-16 11:24:46

Trouble is, having completed the original survey as best i coiuld, I cannot now complete the updated one.

RebeccaEGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 28-Oct-16 09:38:55

Thanks everyone for your comments. We've updated the survey and the OP to reflect your thoughts: this survey is now open to all Gransnetters.

Thanks very much,
GNHQ

Maggiemaybe Fri 28-Oct-16 07:35:37

I can't do this survey on my Kindle. Appropriately enough, my responses keep disappearing...

I'll get the old desktop fired up.

downtoearth Fri 28-Oct-16 07:17:53

Actually would like an invisibility cloak ..as in Harry Potter....for some fly on the wall moments ....people tend to know when I am around ?

downtoearth Fri 28-Oct-16 07:15:18

Who said that grin

Charleygirl Thu 27-Oct-16 20:35:19

Inclined to agree

Wobblybits Thu 27-Oct-16 18:56:56

AS I don't feel invisible, most of the questions were pointless.

ninathenana Thu 27-Oct-16 18:48:54

Well, I protest on behalf of male GNers. Q7 is a joke angry I won't be entering.
As wb says over 50 males can feel invisible too.

tiggypiro Thu 27-Oct-16 18:06:44

Just enter it Wobbblybits - Q7 asks if you are male or female which seems a bit of a daft question if it was to be entered by women only !!

Charleygirl Thu 27-Oct-16 18:03:59

Only you and me Wobbly- gives us a better chance of winning!

Wobblybits Thu 27-Oct-16 16:10:27

Now this is sexist. Men can feel invisible too, as can be seen by this thread.

RebeccaEGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 27-Oct-16 15:47:42

We at GNHQ would like to find out your opinions about the concept of feeling invisible.

This survey is open to all Gransnet users in the UK.

All who complete this survey will be entered into a prize draw where one Gransnetter will win a £100 John Lewis voucher.

Here's a link to the survey.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw.

GNHQ

Post edited by GNHQ