Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Cordless carpet cleaners.

(4 Posts)
Kim19 Sat 19-Nov-16 11:22:02

Right Ladies....... help please on cordless vacuums. Gtech, Dyson, Vax, others? Your experience and comments on these would be appreciated before I select one as a Christmas gift for myself

Elegran Sat 19-Nov-16 11:56:10

umm, Kim did you read the "Please note" above? I think this ought to be under a different topic heading.

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Nov-16 17:17:36

This is quite off topic. I have seen the advert for one cordless vac. The incredibly tidy woman in her immaculate minimalist house uses her cordless cleaner then just hangs it up on the wall of what I assume is the living room.

How many others of us now aspire to have their vacuum cleaner hanging up on their living room wall, cordless or otherwise.
I was so interested in the product I have no idea at all what brand it is.

Welshwife Sat 19-Nov-16 17:34:51

I have recently bought a Bosch Athlet cordless vac. It is lightweight, easy to use and far far better than I hoped after asking a couple of people. Before buying I read comments on the Internet and found many women saying the same as me. It goes under our bed with ease. I can whip round with it very quickly - kitchen, dining room and sitting room - I have wooden or tiled floors with large rugs. It has three power levels and I find the middle one is sufficient most of the time -25 volt lithium battery. It has a charger and lead which I find more convenient than a wall charging point would be and I am only charging it when it runs out. It came with a spare washable filter and although the dust 'bin' is small it is very easy to lift out and empty. I have accessories with mine which you could use for the stairs etc but I have highish ceilings so it would not reach them - my old brush will still be better for that. I paid £155 on offer in Costco for mine but it would likely be more in other outlets.