Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Could you use £20 of Love-To-Shop vouchers? The Clinical Clearblue research team are looking for volunteers aged 41 to 65 who would be willing to post a pot (of wee!) NOW CLOSED

(14 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 09-Dec-16 11:34:49

A plea for help is below from the team at Clearblue - find out more below - we know it's an interesting one for Gransnet and we'd be thrilled if you could help!

They say "At Clearblue we put women right at the heart of everything we do – from education and technological development through to design, research, clinical studies, field trials and testing. Our mission is to transform the way women manage their reproductive health.

We believe it is important for women to have access to accurate pregnancy tests with results that can be trusted. Therefore we test our products with a wide variety of clinical samples so we can make the best possible products and so that we can better understand the physiology of all women. Using samples from women aged 41-65 is important so that we can be sure our tests work no matter who uses them.

We are looking for women aged 41 to 65 who are willing to collect either one, or two urine samples and send to us by free-post. All study materials will be provided and you will be given a £20 Love-To-Shop voucher as a thank you for your time.

To register with one of our friendly Clinicals team call or email at 01234 835304 [email protected] - please mention "Gransnet"

More than 5,000 women have contributed to the development of each product and we quality check around 30,000 tests before a new product is launched. Altogether 120,000 women from 10 countries have participated in Clearblue clinical research and we continue to increase these numbers every single day. Based at the Clearblue innovation centre we run lots of clinical trials in-house, by post (like this one) and at study sites in the UK and abroad and we need your help. For over a quarter of a century we have helped millions of women across the globe by delivering accurate & clear answers at life-changing moments. If you are aged between 41 and 65 then volunteer to provide a urine sample to help us continue to make products which have a real impact on women’s lives.

All Clearblue clinical research studies are approved by an independent ethics committee and follow specials international study regulations. Clearblue process your information in accordance with data protection laws so you can rest assured that your information will be kept confidential. Your samples and personal information will only ever be used for the purposes that you have agreed to.

We hope you will get in touch with us – we are always really happy to hear what women think of our product and appreciate your involvement very much.

Thank you
The Clearblue Innovation Centre Team"

Both Clearblue and Gransnet hope you will get in touch with them!

Thank you
GNHQ

PS any questions, please ask!

bikergran Fri 09-Dec-16 12:26:06

I did this last year smile (wonder if they want more)! confused
received my Love to Shop Vouchers promptly afterwards..took me weeks to decide what to spend them on! smile

tanith Fri 09-Dec-16 12:40:01

Shame I'm too old wink

Tizliz Fri 09-Dec-16 14:43:34

Clear blue do testing on animals, I will not be encouraging this.

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 12-Dec-16 12:32:48

Hi - Tizliz - we asked Clearblue about this and they say "Clearblue products are not and never have been tested on animals. Our products are designed for use by humans and therefore animal testing of our products is simply not relevant. We have a busy Clinical Department in our R+D facility where we gather urine samples from consenting human volunteers to develop and validate our products."

Of course should anyone have any further queries then they can phone the clinical line, or our careline and ask too.

thanks

Elegran Mon 12-Dec-16 13:07:46

Early pregnancy tests got results by being used on rabbits. It took a couple of weeks to hear whether they were positive or negative.

That is no longer done. The test strip reacts quickly to the presence of hCG. I imagine their current use of sample wee is to analyse it chemically, not to inject it into an unsuspecting bunny. If that is not so, then there will be evidence somewhere.

Elegran Mon 12-Dec-16 13:08:16

www.madehow.com/Volume-4/Home-Pregnancy-Test.html

Tizliz Mon 12-Dec-16 16:54:40

Thanks for the reply. Annoyingly I can no longer find the article that said they did test on animals. I will have to take their word for it and take back my comment. Oh for an edit button grin

Rowantree Mon 19-Dec-16 13:56:23

So how do I sign up? You can have all the wee you want from me!

chelseababy Mon 19-Dec-16 19:12:02

You ring or e-mail as in the original post. They will then ask a series of questions to see if you are eligible. Then they send consent forms......

Lucy1958 Sun 05-Feb-17 10:38:06

Just to let everyone know that I emailed them last week and there still looking for volunteers,Ive will be sending back my sample tomorrow and I look forward to receiving my Love To Shop voucher!

nancytownsend Thu 16-Mar-17 02:04:25

They got my sample but never sent me a Love To Shop voucher!

chelseababy Thu 16-Mar-17 06:23:56

Give them a ring Nancy I got my vouchers this week.

Lucy1958 Wed 19-Apr-17 06:39:44

I did this trial in January and Ive not received my vouchers either.