Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

UK GNer 45+? Want to test a problem-solving game around retirement? Each tester will receive a £20 voucher!

(82 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 20-Dec-18 13:25:08

Zodus, a behavioural science start up, is looking to test their problem-solving game and is looking for gransnetters who are 45+ to test the simulation game. The testing will involve playing a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 rounds of the game (each round takes 2-3 minutes) 5 times over a 2 month period. You will not have to play all rounds in one session, you can resume at any time during the test period. In total, it will take about 2 hours of your time (over the 2 month period).

Here’s what Zodus has to say: “FutureSpace is a gamified simulation that captures decision-making in problems similar to retirement. FutureSpace invites players to set goals and then challenges achievements of these with different scenarios of news, events and opportunities. Zodus’ ambition is to help organisations design policies, products and services that work with the grain of human nature.”

If you’re selected, you will be sent a link to the game and will be asked to complete a minimum of 25 rounds over the course of a 2 month period. We will also send you detailed instructions. There will be no feedback thread on Gransnet.

GNers who meet the minimum requirement of 5 rounds in each test will receive a £20 voucher and will also be entered into a prize draw and one person will receive a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Please sign up here if you’d like to take part

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Standard T&Cs apply

Shesanana Wed 06-Feb-19 11:26:57

I have no idea whether I did well or not and it was very boring. Stage 2 coming up. Hope it’s more interesting hmm

Pittcity Mon 04-Feb-19 15:10:22

Just received an email and looked at the results so far. It seems that we have churned out some statistics for people far cleverer than me to work with.
I hope stage 2 is more interesting though.

genie10 Sun 20-Jan-19 22:58:45

I'd be happy to have a go

Pittcity Sun 20-Jan-19 08:17:28

From this and the other thread goo.gl/3ZLnuY it seems that this game needs to go back to the drawing board.

Maggiemaybe Sun 20-Jan-19 00:03:06

Perhaps all will become clear(er) in the next stage.

Maggiemaybe Sun 20-Jan-19 00:02:15

I’m persevering, but to be honest I’m not too sure what I’m doing.... blush

NanaandGrampy Sat 19-Jan-19 17:20:17

Thank goodness it’s not just me !

First it wouldn’t play on my iPad, then when I opened it on the laptop I can’t see the cursor ! I too see no link to my financial situation .

It doesn’t look like much fun so I have notified them I don’t want to carry on,

GrannyLiv Sat 19-Jan-19 14:56:50

Hi Pittcity - I have had the same email. I am happy enough that I have a written assurance that the data doesn't go any further, but I'm still unclear as to how my finances helps the developers.

GrannyLiv Sat 19-Jan-19 14:54:04

Hi Vonners - I swapped out my laptop for a Chromebook a year ago and Chrome is the default browser (although I had downloaded it on my laptop too!). I like it better than Internet Explorer, it seems quicker and websites don't crash with it the way some do with IE.

Pittcity Thu 17-Jan-19 18:26:16

Just received an email explaining the questions and that the answers go no further than setting up the game.
I am happy with that but quite bored with the game.

Vonners Wed 16-Jan-19 21:57:21

Thanks GrannyLiv, not sure I really want to download yet another browser but guess I can delete it later. Are you using Chrome?

GrannyLiv Wed 16-Jan-19 19:40:51

Hi Pittcity - I got my link to the game today and have played a few rounds. I too can't see the 'excitement' in it and nothing I seem to do appears to affect the game outcomes.

I was also a but put off by all the questions relating to my finances, at the registering stage. Can't understand why they would be required.

Vonners, you can download Chrome for free

Vonners Wed 16-Jan-19 00:35:23

Thanks Pittcity, I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer. I haven't got Chrome so that could be my downfall. Will be interesting to see if I get a reply from the contact.

Pittcity Tue 15-Jan-19 20:58:58

It does say something about which browser to use. I was using Chrome and the game worked but it isn't very exciting and I can't see the point of it.

Vonners Tue 15-Jan-19 20:13:44

I was chosen Pittcity, having followed the link, logged in and read the tipsheet I can get no further. The 'next' icon does not seem to work.
Have sent email to the contact - hope they don't fail me at the first attempt!

Pittcity Tue 15-Jan-19 19:47:50

Anyone else been chosen?
Just started and it seems a bit repetitive and monotonous. Am I doing something wrong?

essjay Thu 03-Jan-19 15:35:42

love puzzles, would love to take part

JulesC4 Thu 03-Jan-19 01:51:52

I'd love to take part in this.

Yvonnew1 Wed 02-Jan-19 10:19:55

Yes please. Count me in

Annana Wed 02-Jan-19 06:58:26

Sounds interesting so will have a go ,pls. Always good to push oneself- I think!

Hazeld Tue 01-Jan-19 14:35:01

Am I too late to enter?

Izabella Mon 31-Dec-18 20:23:02

Me too please

srn63 Mon 31-Dec-18 00:43:15

I would like to be considered.

Alirose Sun 30-Dec-18 17:20:08

Yes i’ll Have a go too.

Nanna58 Sun 30-Dec-18 08:48:10

Sounds intriguing, I’d like a go.