Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Would you like to test the Howz Home Care Kit? Sign up here

(13 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 03-Mar-20 14:48:30

We’re looking for 25 Gransnet users to test the Howz Home Care Kit and service (worth £257). The Howz Home Care Kit detects activity in the home using sensors, to give peace of mind and allow older people to live at home independently for longer.

Here’s what Louise from Howz has to say: “We have worked closely with our customers to ensure our system provides reassurance without intrusion. I have used all of my experience as a physiotherapist working with older people in their own homes to ensure the kit and the app are easy to use.”

If you’re selected, you’ll need to test the Home Care Kit in yours or a family member’s home over a period of 2 months and then give your feedback on a Gransnet thread as well as completing a short feedback survey.

Selected testers will receive the Howz Home Care Kit (worth £149) as well as a one year subscription to the Howz service (£9 per month) for free.

All selected testers who give their feedback will be entered into a prize draw where three Gransnet testers will win a £100 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

If you’d like to take part, please click here to sign up and we’ll be in touch if you’re selected.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

kubon88 Fri 06-Mar-20 03:39:35

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Nannan2 Sat 07-Mar-20 10:43:43

It doesnt give much detail of exactly what the tested product(s) will be,but id love to give it a try as ive got osteoarthritis/ other medical problems so need to be independant as i can as im only 56.

Lorelei Mon 09-Mar-20 17:37:26

The brief request says that the "system provides reassurance without intrusion" but doesn't specify exactly what that does, and does not, involve. For example, how many sensors would be placed in the home, and where? Are they motion-detectors, voice/noise activated or visual aids like cameras? I am half-interested as I have complex medical/health issues even though I may be a bit younger than the age group this product aims to target. Would it be possible to give a little bit more information on the product and/or a link to a website with more details. Like many on here I like to make informed choices rather than haphazard ones based on the chance of a freebie of some kind. I would also like to know whether the product (kit & App) are easy to transfer to another property as I may move house at some stage this year.

curlytops Fri 13-Mar-20 13:49:14

It's something I'm interested in but haven't got round to seeing the different ones available. So I would love to test one.

Patsytaylor Sat 14-Mar-20 09:32:30

Has anyone had a cosmetic procedure for 'marionette' lines?

Echame Sat 14-Mar-20 09:39:39

This sounds like a great idea and will be particularly useful during this coronavirus outbreak. I'm pretty much confined indoors for health reasons and if having visitors becomes problematic this will at least give me some peace of mind and sense of security while I'm alone..love to try it!

susiesioux Sat 14-Mar-20 09:49:34

My mum is coming up to 82 and it’s something we’ve been talking about so would be great to test one

HHBBNN54 Sat 14-Mar-20 12:52:03

I would like to test one after knowing more details as to what is involved.

wallers5 Sat 14-Mar-20 14:10:01

I would like to test to prepare for my future

StephLP Sat 14-Mar-20 19:57:39

This appeared in my inbox at just the right time! My 86 year old mum is ill and we are researching home care systems to install for her. Also, my Aunt who is 95 lives alone and I am her next of kin - this would give me peace of mind knowing that she was being monitored.

Herbie9 Sat 14-Mar-20 20:10:58

I have several health problems and poor mobility. A personal alarm is something my family have suggested, also the NHS Falls Team. I would be very interested in testing this kit. Being in my 80's this would certainly bring peace of mind.

angie95 Sun 15-Mar-20 21:52:56

I'd like to try it, but I have cats, would it make a difference?