Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Upright freezer

(5 Posts)
Crazyquilter123 Wed 11-Nov-20 14:18:11

Has anyone bought an upright freezer over the last year?
What did you buy? Are you happy with it? Mine must be 15 years old and keeps icing up so it's got to go!

Teetime Wed 11-Nov-20 14:49:31

When I bought mine a few years ago I rang AO and a very nice lady took me through all the models they had giving pros and cons.

phoenix Wed 11-Nov-20 15:04:15

Start with the ao.com website, they provide plenty of info, not just the efficiency ratings but even an idea of the yearly running costs.

They also price match and offer free delivery, if you pick the right day. Will also take away your old appliance, although there is a charge for that.

phoenix Wed 11-Nov-20 15:07:02

BTW, Crazyquilter123, you might want to ask GNHQ to move your post, this section is supposed to be for feedback on GN product tests, see the note at the tip of the page!

Nellsmum Wed 02-Dec-20 14:59:06

I have recently bought a Liebher... german make and it replaced another of the same name over 25 years old and was still working. A little more pricey but not a lot and really worth it.