Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected] If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Sign up to test the Santander Step up: Helping family to buy information pages and Home deposit calculator - £5 Amazon voucher for all testers who leave feedback

(4 Posts)
LibbyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 20-Jul-21 12:33:31

We’re looking for the following Gransnet users to take part in the product test:
- Parents or grandparents who have financially helped their child or grandchild buy their first home in the last two years or are thinking of helping them buy their first home in the next five years; or
- First time buyers who are planning to buy within the next five years; or
- Homeowners who bought their first home within the last two years.

Here’s what Santander has to say: ‘Over a third of first time buyers are hoping to buy their home with the help from family or friends in the next five years. If you’re planning to help a loved one buy their first home, or if you’re a first time buyer, our Step up: Helping family to buy information pages contain a wealth of tips and information including a Home deposit calculator. This calculator helps work out how much to save, and how quickly you could reach your deposit amount based on the type of property and location you’re looking at.'

The testing will take place over the course of two weeks during August. Following this, selected testers will need to give their feedback via a thread on Gransnet and a short survey. All testers who give the required feedback will receive a £5 Amazon voucher as a thanks for their time.

If you’re interested in taking part, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Humbley Wed 28-Jul-21 23:55:53

Hi im divorced and in my 50s now. My ex and I have 3 children together when we divorced he promised nothing would change. My Eldest daughter when she was 16 and my other daughter were in a singing class and put on a show with others my ex arrived late and during interval I left my eldest with her dad while myself Son and other daughter as well as all the others went for refreshments. I still unsure what happened but she came out to all of us crying. Since then my ex hasn't spoken to my eldest daughter or kept in touch at birthdays etc she is now in her 30s and it hurts me a lot that the other 2 have always seen their dad and they have had trips away presents etc they think he is wonderful. My daughter has to hear them talk about him and see what he buys them and sees the pics etc on social media. They thinks its her fault, I don't and feel that he is an awful dad. Both my girls have got married and when it was the younger daughter he didn't talk to me or my eldest we sat on different sides of the room. Her husband thinks he is great but I can't understand why he doesn't want any thing to fo with her it breaks my heart. When eldest daughter got married he wasn't invited and it was a great wedding she now has a lovely husband and a baby due next month does anyone else go through this sort of thing and how do they handle it. He was lovely before I married him and day we got married he changed he always made things an argument and he smashed my head on a stair rail and drove off so I know what he is like how do I ever get her brother and sister to understand how awful it is for my eldest and me when the think he is marvellous and we are in the wrong. I hate the fact all this has affected her she has had cbt counselling and she really can't understand why he treats her differently. He said to me years ago I wasn't fit to walk the earth and should be 6 ft under. My eldest has worked really hard she had 2 graduations her 18th, 21st bday she works in a well paid job I think she is amazing. I treat all my kids equally the same why oh why does he have to be this way any ideas please as this is getting worse for her and myself

Grannynannywanny Thu 29-Jul-21 00:13:26

Humbley I’m sorry to read of your upset. Unfortunately you’ve posted it under a Santander survey and it’s unlikely to be noticed much here. If you select a forum and start a new thread with your post it will be read. Hopefully then some advice will follow.
Good luck.

helgawills Thu 29-Jul-21 10:53:05

My daughter is a Vet, and currently renting, as she is in a new area, trying to look where it would be best for her buy a property. She is currently wondering, if there is any point in buying an in-between house, until she can afford to buy what she really wants. She is worried, that she might lose money making more than one move, due to buying/ selling/ moving costs. So I guess the information might be useful to help us advise her.