Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Aquaclean sofa

(2 Posts)
Bernadette8 Wed 31-Jan-24 11:58:23

Aquaclean sofa velvet has any body had got one and had any problems with the fabric. We had one 3 yrs ago and the fabric has greased and worn thin. Wondering if anyone had any problems with theirs or is it just us.

NotSpaghetti Wed 31-Jan-24 13:13:06

I think Aquaclean abd the "Front" thingy are biocidal. The fabric is treated to try to stop bacteria from growing. I don't think it will protect from wear.

Velvet is (nowadays) often made to include viscose which is less durable and will wear off the base fabric. The greasy patch (if indeed grease) may clean off but I expect it's actually just wear.

If you think of velvet as a tufted rug/carpet that has been walked on regularly and is wearing out then you will see what I mean. A poly velvet is more durable but has a not-so-nice handle.

I think you probably need a fabric with a higher "rub" (Martindale) count.