Gransnet forums

Relationships

Telling our sad stories

(187 Posts)
Greatnan Fri 31-Aug-12 06:21:13

Many of us have poured out our hearts because we have been cruelly treated by our children or their partners. We thought we were talking to sympathetic 'friends'. Sometimes we related how we had tried to help our families in various ways - financial, with childcare, emotionally, etc.
It is very upsetting to read that some people believe we have 'repeatedly' said what kind deeds we have done, when we were just trying to give a full picture of our family dynamics.
I am assured that the comment was just a generalisation and was not intended to refer to any specific member. Why make it at all if it was not intended to be hurtful?
Similarly, none of the accusations of bullying, arrogance, cliques, etc. were ever directed at any specific members - allegedly.
Perhaps it would be better if such generalised accusations were not made as some people do feel they are personal attacks.
Of course these comments are not directed at anyone in particular, they are just generalisations.

Faye Tue 12-Mar-13 17:10:05

Happy Birthday angie. flowers

celebgran Tue 12-Mar-13 15:49:07

Glad you enjoyed weekend angle we too had great time at little cote house warners hotel it was most bearable Mother's Day since our daughter cut us out.
Had phone call from son and gorgeous card that meant a lot

Ana Tue 12-Mar-13 13:57:34

Yes, happy birthday and keep strong, angie! sunshine

glassortwo Tue 12-Mar-13 13:51:14

angie happy belated birthday wine flowers sunshine cupcake

angiebaby Tue 12-Mar-13 13:42:46

thanks everyone,,,,,,,your all so very kind,,,,,,,xxxxxgive yourselvs a big hug from me,.....celebgran......hope she will come round sooner or later,i know how you feel i have been that way too,,,,,,,my daughter let me know she had a baby by a text !!!!!!!!!bloomin kids

angiebaby Tue 12-Mar-13 13:38:22

hi girls a belated happy mothers day,,,,,,it was my 69th birthday that day too 10th, i went away for the weekend their was a crappy 1.99 buch of tulips on the floor outside,,,guess i should be grateful..!!!! and a scribbled acrd with just my dd name on it, when i got back,,,,,,,,,i rest my case,,,,time for me now girls,,,,i enjoyed my break and cant wait for the next one,,,thanks all for all your comments,,,,you have been a great help..........would love to meet you all........whittle bury hall have an offer on sometimes,,,thats near towcester,,,,for £59.per person you can have dinner , overnight stay and breakfast,,,,its 4 star and just great, if you book on line buy the £15 ice and heat exsperiance too,......the rooms are great and a luxury bathroom.....why dont we meet up its about twenty minutes from milton keynes,,,,,,,and althorpe dianas home is on the doorstep.......you have to look on line for the deals,,,,,,is anyone going to treat themselves,,,,come on girls we can have a laugh,,,,,,im sure we can have lots to talk about,,,,,but nothing said about my bloomin kids,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!let me know,,,,,its whittlebury hall spa and hotel,,,quite posh,

celebgran Tue 26-Feb-13 22:35:55

Oh yes angle time for you and oh that is what we trying to do.
We gave our daughter everything and most people on here know she cut us off 4 years ago along with our darling grand daughter.

Will say be pleased and proud of what you did will only eat you up if you get angry and resentful

Orca Tue 26-Feb-13 22:00:11

Angie....Angie...Angie...chill out.

gracesmum Tue 26-Feb-13 21:56:21

You have not been stupid Angiebaby - every mother here would lie down in front of a bus for her children and grandchildren, unconditional love is the name of the game. But there comes a time when tough love is what is needed.flowers

angiebaby Tue 26-Feb-13 21:43:46

faye no not getting anything out of being poor me,,,im so stupid giving my girls so much i have learnt the hard way,,,and i have finaly woken up....i just thought i was being a good mother,,,listening to all the comments i have really appreciated it,,,,its time to wake up,,im so stupid,,,,,,,,i have also relised i am not alone there is a lot of parents who have been fantastic to their kids and they havent been treated very nice,,,,you will never understand untill it happens to you,,,,,,,,,,,it might be a bit late,,,but its going to be time for me now,,,,,,,

harrigran Sun 17-Feb-13 01:07:47

Think you have been well and truly pooped on angie I just hope she lives to regret her actions.

nightowl Sat 16-Feb-13 23:45:04

I think I agree with Faye and suggest you change the locks and tell her you have changed your mind. Enough is enough.

Faye Sat 16-Feb-13 23:31:31

angiebaby for goodness sake write to her and tell her not to give notice because the house you had renovated for her is now not available. If you keep spoiling your daughter you will only have your self to blame.

It is up to you which path you take, the path to being treated like a door mat or the path to being appreciated.

I think you secretly are getting something out of poor me, look how I am treated by my children when I have done everything I could possibly do for them.

angiebaby Sat 16-Feb-13 22:52:46

well grans,,,,,its been 6 weeks today,,,,,,,my daughter knocked on the door while i was out h was in,,,,,,she asked ,,,is the house ready ! i want the key,,,,h gave her the key said light heartedly,,,when are you going to move in,,,she said i dont know,,,,,and went, no thanks no nothing,,,,my h was mortified,,,,,so was i when i got home and he told me, she kept the kids in the car, ! so thats it now but she is in for a shock,,,the bank is shut for ever, my heart is brocken i wont get an apology,,,no not her she wont do that,,,,,so at the moment i am very unhappy,,,,,,,,,its so nice that we can come on here and tell our storys,,,,,,,i thnk you all,,,i know i am not alone after all,,,,,,,,,,,,for anyone who is new,,,i bought my d a house and she has treated me like dirt,,,,,,,,i rest my case,,,,,

angiebaby Wed 30-Jan-13 21:24:26

hi marrelli....i have just noticed i have been commenting on threads that have been on for a long time,,,i have just noticed dates on these comments,,,,whoops,,,,how long do they stay on here for ?

angiebaby Wed 30-Jan-13 21:20:55

thats nice,,,,,,

angiebaby Wed 30-Jan-13 21:19:04

GREATNAN..........i like your posting,,,,,,,,im a lady who pours her heart out,,,cant help it,,,,,,never could keep my problems to myself,,,,they say a problem shared is a problem halved,,,,,

angiebaby Wed 30-Jan-13 21:16:10

thanks marrelli,,,,,,,,,i hope to have a nice break when all this trauma is over and i know if she is moving in and staying or as she said if she dont like it she will move out and move on how i long for a bit of peace,

Marelli Fri 25-Jan-13 18:48:30

angiebaby, you don't have to think of things to interest people. Just be yourself. smile

angiebaby Fri 25-Jan-13 18:40:51

thanks anno,,,,,

angiebaby Fri 25-Jan-13 18:40:11

why is it im always in the dog house im trying to think of something new to say,,,thats interesting to everyone,,,,,

angiebaby Fri 25-Jan-13 18:38:40

sorry i dont look at dates,,,whoops again,,,,,,,

harrigran Thu 17-Jan-13 22:46:59

I must say that my DC have never given me any trouble smile

annodomini Thu 17-Jan-13 22:32:53

No angels in my family - have had a few headaches, but now they have grown up to be respectable middle-aged dads! Take a long view - Angie. All may be well in the future, but put your foot down right now!

jeni Thu 17-Jan-13 21:31:09

[smug]smile