Gransnet forums

Relationships

Horrid night

(19 Posts)
celebgran Wed 10-Apr-13 09:17:13

Oh dear had dreadful panic type attack in night nt had one lately!
Could be having rung court send fresh forms about applying for contact.

Not sure but I felt like I was dying. So distressing the power my daughters behavhiour has on me!

Saw my hrt consultant and she always asks how things are so may been just on my mind.
We did have lovely day at spa afterwards, just felt wiped out when got in and do now.

Thinking of yoga girl and do hope she had better night than me!

Thistledoo Wed 10-Apr-13 09:24:25

Good morning Celebgran, just seen your post from yesterday. Do hope you had a better night. I m not sure what heartache is going on in your life but it sounds awful. Sending you healing thoughts and a some flowers.
flowers

celebgran Wed 10-Apr-13 09:30:13

Thank you this thistle do how kind!
Our daughter cut us out of her life 4 years ago and we not allowed to see our much loved gran daughter and one never seen that is the sum of the sadness!

We do have each other and a lovely son and good friends do not all bad!

glammanana Wed 10-Apr-13 09:32:37

celebgran hoping you are feeling calmer today sending ((hugs)) and flowers take care.

Mishap Wed 10-Apr-13 09:32:41

Sorry to hear of your panic attack - truly horrid.

Ever thought of relaxation tapes - I have found them very helpful in the past when life has been trying.

Grannyeggs Wed 10-Apr-13 09:35:02

(((Hugs))) from me too celeb I hope things get better soon. flowers

baubles Wed 10-Apr-13 09:43:21

Oh celebgran I'm sorry you had such a distressing night, hugs and flowers for you.

kittylester Wed 10-Apr-13 10:13:06

Big (((hugs))) celeb - panic attacks are awful, aren't they!! Hope you feel better soon. Keep sharing. flowers

celebgran Wed 10-Apr-13 16:04:32

Thank you ladies lovely support! Went to fish chip lunch at my friends club quite enjoyed just feel so fragile !

Thanks mishap going do a relaxation cd.

Goose Wed 10-Apr-13 19:18:32

sunshine thinking of you

Marelli Wed 10-Apr-13 19:34:19

celebgran, I do know how terrible these panic attacks are. I used to have them almost at the drop of a hat, and remember having a particularly awful one on a crowded bus...I couldn't breathe - in fact it's as if I couldn't remember HOW to breathe!
Things are so miserable for you just now, and all you can really do is wait for it to sort itself. You're doing all you can. There's no more you can do just now, so try to remind yourself of that when the panic rises again. Try to think of the time in the future when you look back on these times with relief that it's all over. 'This too shall pass' - and it will. Be gentle with yourself. flowers

Gorki Wed 10-Apr-13 19:37:32

Hope you have a better night tonight.flowers

ps Wed 10-Apr-13 19:45:32

celebgran - so sorry to hear of your attack. I couldn't begin to imagine life without contact with the grandchildren so I feel for you. As for the panic attacks if it is any help I was told to take deep breaths, breathe out slowly and then hold it for a while before breathing in again, then repeat the cycle until you calm down again. Breathing into and out of a paper bag slowly was another technique I was given. The reasons for my attacks were different to yours of course but the result is the same. I would not wish the affliction on anybody. Thankfully mine are very infrequent now and non existent for the last 4 weeks or so.
Please consider the deep breathing and relaxing as it does help, sadly easier said than done once the hyperventilating cycle has begun. Do not worry about not taking in enough Oxygen, you will, the body has a natural affinity for it and in any event it is the carbon dioxide that triggers the breathing mechanism not a lack of Oxygen. It will work. Ask your doctor what you can do at such times as I know the onset and during the attacks can be horrendously worrying for you and those close to you.
Look after yourself and I sincerely hope your wishes materialise. Fingers crossed for you.

johanna Wed 10-Apr-13 20:35:13

celeb The picture I have in my head is one of you waking up because you cannot breathe. Or.., you have to get up to spend a penny and then realise/think you cannot breathe.
Either way , sit on the bed or chair feet dangling on the ground.
Bend down between your legs with the whole upper body. Bend down as far as is comfortable. And breathe in and out in what ever manner is comfortable for you.
This will calm you down.

Also keep an extra pillow handy so you are almost sitting up when you try to go back to sleep. Lying flat is no good and this wil give you confidence.

Good luck.

NfkDumpling Wed 10-Apr-13 20:49:32

Celeb Good luck with your fresh application - I hope it works out this time. May the above advise work and you have sweet slumbers tonight. flowers

Faye Wed 10-Apr-13 21:35:10

celeb so stressful for you, I have only had one panic attack which was very short, but would never want one again. I hope this all turns around for you soon. Good luck and flowers

Galen Wed 10-Apr-13 22:10:23

Good luck!flowers

moomin Wed 10-Apr-13 22:16:19

Panic attacks are truly frightening - I suffered from them in my early 20s, you have my utmost sympathy. I hope life starts to get better for you very soon flowers

celebgran Thu 11-Apr-13 09:08:24

Thank you ladies will try that Joanna !
It is more a dreadful feeling of am I really here or imam going to die! An overwhelming feeling of disbelief of all that has happened.

Still do not thing oh will agree to fresh application we did I not apply before forms returned out date nfkdumpling so we all see dont want either of us to be ill over it tho!

Thanks ps till feel on edge but better night listened to reaction cd
Acquacise today and client ths affo so busy better that way!

Have try accept things we cannot change just sadness overwhelms me at times.

Seeing counsellor next thurs see if she any positive help this time .