Gransnet forums

Relationships

Isn't it lovely?

(21 Posts)
annodomini Thu 20-Jun-13 21:17:04

baubles, it's a well-known fact that GC are toxic. grin I hope the conjunctivitis - yours and theirs - clears up soon.

Marelli Thu 20-Jun-13 20:25:23

Oh, absent! That really is lovely - think your lass must take after her mum! smile

baubles Thu 20-Jun-13 17:47:52

My lovely granddaughters have given me conjunctivitis sad

baubles Thu 20-Jun-13 17:46:35

That was kind and thoughtful of your daughter, absent smile

moomin Thu 20-Jun-13 16:42:32

How thoughtful of your daughter absent and what a lovely surprise for you. I have to agree with Greatnan to wonder if all daughters in New Zealand are as lovely, certainly mine is smile

So pleased you are enjoying your new life!

Greatnan Thu 20-Jun-13 16:32:06

I have to admire the amount of work you are doing for your family, absent, although I am sure you enjoy it. Caring for young children is hard enough when you are in your 20's. No wonder your daughter appreciates you, but of course plenty of grandparents do a great deal and don't get the thanks they deserve.
My daughter used her first week's wages to buy me some sapphire ear-rings - nothing could have given me more pleasure.

Ariadne Thu 20-Jun-13 15:49:50

Flickety has got it in one! Feel so happy for you, absent!

NfkDumpling Thu 20-Jun-13 15:47:48

Agreed smile

FlicketyB Thu 20-Jun-13 14:36:06

Lovely daughters are generally like that because they have lovely caring mothers.

janerowena Thu 20-Jun-13 12:33:13

That is very true, when. I send deliveries to my mother for her birthday and xmas, she loves it and one day maybe my daughter will earn enough money to do it for me! It must be a wonderful surprise when it turns up. I don't tell my mother it's coming, I warn my stepfather though to make sure they are in.

whenim64 Thu 20-Jun-13 12:22:28

Absent she's your daughter and you've brought her up to be thoughtful and kind. Now it's time for for you to enjoy the benefits of that effort flowers

Greatnan Thu 20-Jun-13 12:12:59

That is really nice, absent - I wonder if all daughters in New Zealand are as lovely as yours and mine!

Notso Thu 20-Jun-13 11:35:19

How lovely smile

glammanana Thu 20-Jun-13 10:30:31

What a lovely daughter you have there absent she knows you would be like me and refuse any compensense if she asked you but you can't turn the nice and friendly delivery man away can you ?what a gem she is.So glad you are getting settled .

glassortwo Thu 20-Jun-13 10:18:02

absent its good to be appreciated, your DD must feel as if you have taken a load from her shoulders. sunshine

Ella46 Thu 20-Jun-13 08:57:56

No wonder you moved half way round the world to be with them all sunshine

mollie Thu 20-Jun-13 08:55:42

That's extremely thoughtful! What a considerate daughter!

Bags Thu 20-Jun-13 08:39:19

absent, smile

Butty Thu 20-Jun-13 08:22:11

absent That IS lovely, and it's no wonder she loves you so much.

JessM Thu 20-Jun-13 08:07:59

Lovely daughter you have there!
You also now know what she wants you to feed them and will not be fooled when they claim that mummy always feeds them chocopops before and after every meal.
For a moment there I thought he was bringing you confectionery (sweet delivery grin ). Are you managing to meet any other grown ups, in between the lovely childcare. (so envious!)

absent Thu 20-Jun-13 07:57:24

I am having a lovely time now I have moved to New Zealand but it has been frantic since I arrived. Absentdaughter has recently moved so since we first set foot on this island we have been looking after grandchildren with sleepovers at weekends and, as they sequentially developed a loathsome cold, we also cared for at least one sick kid each day for about ten days.
This morning, when I thought the one-year old would be spending the day with me, absentdaughter rang to say that she would be taking the day off to look after him as he wasn't well and to ask if I would be at home this afternoon (it's now Thursday evening here). I thought she might be popping in for some company after picking the others up from school.

At 3.30 a supermarket van pulled into the front of our house. The sweet delivery man, who remembered me from last year but still checked that I was absentdaughter's mum as we looked a bit bewildered, then delivered a huge supply of groceries because, according to absentdaughter's order, "my children eat like lions". Fresh fruit and veg, milk, breakfast cereals, ham, cans of stuff, crisps, biscuits, kethcup - all sorts, even nappies, wipes and nappy bags. The children will not, however, be drinking the box of beer!

How thoughtful was that - and how appreciative of our efforts? No wonder I love her so much.