Gransnet forums

Relationships

Seems like yesterday

(24 Posts)
Iam64 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:32:38

Your plan sounds wonderful flower, congratulations and thanks for such a happy post flowers

janerowena Wed 19-Mar-14 13:16:28

Have a wonderful day, and may the rain stay away. My own Beloved once bought me a CD rack for my birthday. His birthday is only 15 days later, I retaliated with a Black and Decker work bench so we have no more of that nonsense!

As long as you both have a day that has aspects that you both enjoy, that is what matters. Your day would suit me, too.

Flowerofthewest Wed 19-Mar-14 10:39:49

We will - although he has mistakenly gone to lead a group of WEA peeps on a wildlife walk with my debit card in his pocket!!!!!!! - I am off to a garden centre without it sad Hoping for a sub off my DS

annodomini Tue 18-Mar-14 23:20:04

Congratulations. Flower and Mr Flower. sunshine and wine

Greenfinch Tue 18-Mar-14 23:09:14

Sounds perfect Flower. Hope you both have a lovely day.

Flowerofthewest Tue 18-Mar-14 22:18:58

I think what we will do is, first of all deliver our 3 year old DGS back home after a sleepover and Ganmas.

A lovely breakfast at a gorgeous little farm not too far away, look for the rose or plants, come home and plant. Spend the afternoon looking through photograph albums (DH is a prolific photographer) Maybe watch a couple of his talks (beautiful images of where we holiday - wildlife and landscapes) Then an indoor 'picnic' bought from a local deli.

It will be our perfect day, spent together. We don't really need to go extravagant just enjoy each others company.

ps Tue 18-Mar-14 18:29:43

Flower whatever you decide to do enjoy it, make it memorable for you both and cherish what you have. I envy you.

Flowerofthewest Tue 18-Mar-14 14:11:04

What beautiful posts. Thank you all. Love the idea of a tree or even one or two white shrubs or plants for our new flower bed. xx

Ummm! phoenix will let you know, maybe in a PM. xxx blush

kittylester Tue 18-Mar-14 11:48:52

Yes Phoenix definitely blush

Anne58 Tue 18-Mar-14 11:00:54

^ Whatever you do - have a super day and let us know all about it! ^

kitty maybe just the edited highlights, hm?

Lona Tue 18-Mar-14 09:25:15

Congratulations flower, You are both very lucky. Have a wonderful day whatever you do flowers sunshine

ginny Tue 18-Mar-14 08:37:57

Congratulations !
I hope you both have a lovely day, whatever you decide to do.

DebnCreme Tue 18-Mar-14 07:31:40

How lovely, thanks for sharing flower. Have a wonderful day whatever you choose to do [flower]

kittylester Tue 18-Mar-14 07:03:49

What a lovely post flower! Whatever you do - have a super day and let us know all about it! flowers

ffinnochio Tue 18-Mar-14 07:03:17

Take a walk, then plant a tree, open some fizzy to toast the future together, and when you're done share a good supper.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you both have a smashing day. sunshine

MiceElf Tue 18-Mar-14 06:27:50

Whatever you do have a wonderful day. I'm afraid we both forgot about ours. But I love the idea of a CD rack. Reminds me of someone I've been married to for 41 years....

absent Tue 18-Mar-14 05:42:33

How glorious – I hope you and your love – and he and his love – have a wonderful celebration.

Granny23 Tue 18-Mar-14 02:09:42

DH DID buy me pearls for our 30th anniversary but only after much prompting. We planted a pink and silver rose for our silver wedding and a ruby red one at our Ruby wedding. How about planting a white rose bush for your Pearl anniversary? Or spend the day looking through all your photographs?

Congratulations for Saturday. Thank you for sharing the joy flowers

besottedgran Tue 18-Mar-14 00:44:57

What did I do ? 30th IS Pearl . Didn't mean to strike out.

besottedgran Tue 18-Mar-14 00:40:49

Just a thought -30th is Pearl - Oysters for lunch?---a walk along a secluded beach--a wee cuddle? Anyway, have fun--congratulations!!

grannyactivist Tue 18-Mar-14 00:26:51

Flower what a touching post and I am truly happy for you. flowers

Flowerofthewest Mon 17-Mar-14 23:43:45

Oh thanks phoenix I cannot believe that we still feel the same after all this time. He is my second husband and the love of my life. A pain sometimes.

I suggested to him today that instead of buying each other a gift we buy something for the home. Something with meaning. He thought for a while and said 'I know, what about a nice CD rack' He was serious. I said to him 'Well that's one for Gransnet' I was shocked and stunned. He thought it would be lovely because I am always looking for a particular CD. He back peddled by saying that he though I could put all our romantic music CDs on it. confused

Anne58 Mon 17-Mar-14 23:39:20

No suggestions Flower just wanted to say I'm very happy for you.

Flowerofthewest Mon 17-Mar-14 23:36:04

On Saturday my love and I will celebrate 30 years of marriage. I feel so blessed still to have him in my life after the scare in 2012.

I need some suggestions on how to spend the day. A romantic picnic, memory table have been suggested. I love him so much and we are still in love. I just wanted to share my happiness with you all.