Gransnet forums

Relationships

No fool like an old fool

(17 Posts)
MissAdventure Thu 01-Dec-16 20:57:09

Hi all,

Feeling rather ridiculous, as my 6 year relationship has come to a less than satisfactory end.
In short, I've been "ghosted"
The man I was engaged to decided to end things, but didn't even bother to tell me: preferring to post his "grief" on Facebook.
Its despicable behaviour, it isn't the first time as he is basically a very disordered person, but gawd it dont half hurt!
I've started clearing out the (mountains) of stuff he left at mine, and its been very difficult, to say the least
I guess I'm looking for some sympathy, if anyone has some to spare, please
What has amazed me is how very painful this has all been, and still is.
Any advice? Any stories of heartbreak to share? Do please comment
Thank you..

tanith Thu 01-Dec-16 21:02:25

Sounds like you are well rid MissAdventure but I'm sorry you are in pain. He sounds like some piece of work to do what he's done. I hope you find clearing out his 'stuff' therapeutic and feel able to move on soon.. flowers for you.

rosesarered Thu 01-Dec-16 21:05:39

Sorry to hear that Miss Adventure ( good name) but you know, the kind of idiot who only posts something like this on Facebook, instead of being honest with you face to face (or even on the phone)is not worth your grief.Try and get over him as fast as possible and move on with your life.We are all not always a good judge of character at times, people who live disordered lives should be avoided.There will be somebody much better for you out there, but don't rush into things and take a bit of time for yourself.?

Jalima Thu 01-Dec-16 21:14:47

That was a very callous way to end a relationship.

Could you send him a message on FB telling him to pick up his stuff within say, 3 days, after then you will be offering it free on Facebook (or sending it to charity)?

You are well rid of him, hope you have some kind friends and/or family to help you through this.

MissAdventure Thu 01-Dec-16 21:22:43

Ah, thank you ladies
Well, I always knew he was a bit of a pillock, to be honest, so I've gotta take some responsibility for how it ended.
I just feel sad, as I very happily lived alone for years; never wanted or needed a partner. I made an exception for him, because I really did (still do) love him.
He lives at the other end of the country, so his time for collecting his belongings has been and gone. Time for a good old sort out. I took 2 black sacks to "cash for clothes" today, and made £3.60. Only another 20 odd sacks, I reckon! Lol

rosesarered Thu 01-Dec-16 21:23:43

It will get better.?

MissAdventure Thu 01-Dec-16 21:24:51

Thank you, tanith x

MissAdventure Thu 01-Dec-16 21:26:27

Its awful. I have a grown daughter, and grandkids - its like they've been just dumped too.

Jalima Thu 01-Dec-16 22:02:54

Tell yourself that you cannot love a pillock, you are too good for him.

cornergran Thu 01-Dec-16 22:51:06

Life can only get better. Chin up. shamrock.

FarNorth Fri 02-Dec-16 03:22:03

It's hard being rejected as you can feel you must be worthless if this person doesn't want you.
His behaviour shows, tho, that you are better off without him so you are a winner!

Get shot of his junk as quickly as you can and enjoy the future with your family.

sunseeker Fri 02-Dec-16 08:34:30

I would take those of his belongings you still have, build a bonfire in the garden, set fire to them and then post the video on Facebook, naming and shaming him and warning other women to steer clear. grin

Christinefrance Fri 02-Dec-16 09:08:23

Good idea Jalima, 3 days is long enough. You are your own woman now MissAdventure, free to do your own thing and get on with your life. You are well rid of an idiot like that. Give yourself a little grieving time as it's always sad when a relationship ends - then life is there for the living.

glammanana Fri 02-Dec-16 09:17:35

Well done on throwing away his stuff its tough on you as you still have feeling but things will get better and you will meet someone new who is worthy of your company,is he possibly doing the same thing in another part of the Country to some other unsuspecting lady I wonder ??

MissAdventure Fri 02-Dec-16 11:45:28

Thank you so much, ladies
P.S I dont even use Facebook! smile

Fairydoll2030 Fri 02-Dec-16 13:15:32

It will pass Missadventure. It always does and in time to come you will realise,even more, what a pillock he was/is. Rejection always hurts but you are doing the right thing by getting rid of his stuff etc.

We are experienced at being 'dumped' in our family! For example, my brother was left at the age of 57 by his partner of 30 years. Now he's remarried, very happily.

Life goes on....

Grannyben Fri 02-Dec-16 21:29:48

I'm sending sympathy in bucket loads. What an absolutely awful thing to happen, how can he possibly believe that his behaviour is acceptable. Just take it one day at a time and look after yourself flowers