Gransnet forums

Relationships

Estrangement and Mother's Day

(12 Posts)
b0dhiTree Sun 26-Mar-17 12:07:27

Thinking of everyone of you today. It is wonderful to know that I am not alone as I thought I was in the beginning of this tragedy. No more tears. I know my ED will be thinking of me today. I know I am and was at least and average mum and probably a good mum. I refuse to let ED destroy my life. Love and hugs to you all.smile

Cherrytree59 Sun 26-Mar-17 12:24:19

bOdhitree hope you are able to do something nice for yourself today.

You are just like me
you are an average mum.
But we did something wonderful
We gave birth to another human being.
Xx

Starlady Sun 26-Mar-17 12:24:26

Such a lovely message, bodhi! Thank you!

I hope you find peace today, if not full happiness.

fiorentina51 Sun 26-Mar-17 13:45:59

?

Rinouchka Sun 26-Mar-17 13:51:53

And to you, b0dhitree.flowers

BlueBelle Sun 26-Mar-17 14:01:17

We all did our best in sometimes very difficult situations Thoughts for all the Mums with estrange children and those living far apart and those not estranged but just not too thoughtful kids We were probably all pretty good Mums
Love to you Bodhitree and all other Mums who don't necessarily feel too loved xx

Yogagirl Sun 26-Mar-17 16:31:09

Thank you Bodhitreee & Bluebelle and the same good wishes back to you both and all the estranged Mothers on this very bitter sweet day.

4.5yrs for me; my youngest daughter, my beloved granddaughter that I had such a special, sweet & loving bond with, my grandson & my Son sad Such a tragedy! I wonder if they will ever wake up and realize what a truly dreadful thing they have done, and for no reason other than jealousy from my beloved GD stepdad & his mother, truly wicked evil people [stepfamily that is]destroyed my once loving & close family sad So hard today, with many of my students wishing me a 'happy mother's day' and saying 'have a lovely day with your AC' sad sad what could I say sad

nina1959 Sun 26-Mar-17 17:11:18

If you didn't see my earlier post, I wrote this poem today. I am thinking of you all. xx

NorthernSoul Sun 26-Mar-17 19:12:18

A lovely poem,Nina,thank you.

Very thoughtful of you b0dhiTree to start this thread and thanks for your kind words.

Agree, our estranged children can't dismiss the fact it's Mothering Sunday,especially if they have children. Must remember happy times when they honoured and loved us on this day of all days.

Good wishes to you all.

NS

nina1959 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:47:13

I do understand how you all feel. It's a kind of grief that never really goes away. Coping with it is the hardest thing especially on days like Mothers day. I know it's only one day but it really does bring it all back to the fore again.
My husband took me out on a drive the idea being to avoid the pubs where all the celebrating would be happening and try and find a tea room somewhere.
After hours of trying to find somewhere, we ended up eating a Tesco Express sandwich in the car park! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I did both. Ah well, kind of sums up the whole experience.
I hope you've all managed to get through the day. It's Monday tomorrow and back to work for me.

b0dhiTree Wed 29-Mar-17 11:12:46

I am blown away by the lovely comments, thank you. I was scared to bring up the topic of Mother's Day as I didn't want to upset anyone. I love your story Nina of the Tesco sandwich. I will never forget that. I once tried to avoid Christmas by going to the Maldives but oh no, they brought out the plastic Christmas tree! Hugs and thanks to you all. x

Yogagirl Fri 31-Mar-17 08:38:14

}}}HUGS{{{ for you bOdhitree