Gransnet forums

Relationships

Do not be fooled by dating websites

(4 Posts)
12Michael Sun 04-Feb-18 08:13:22

I am currently on one, but that's Silversurfers which also shares with Saga Connections .
Another one also has multiple dating sites such Older Dating and Yours dating .
Both are run by separate set ups the first by the Dating Lab ,and the second set by another
Doing the local to me search some also appear on Match .com
You could respond to someone who is on entirely different one, then that is when the subscription thing steps you could get bogus messages as well.
Mick

Notagranyet12 Sun 04-Feb-18 14:08:32

It's clear that a lot of them are connected. In a way that doesn't really matter as it may give you a bigger pool of people to search and be searched by. They should make it clear though and not try to deceive unsuspecting daters. There are a lot of scam people around, especially the free ones. I noticed one the other day that said he liked to play "scrable"......yes course you do, you can't even spell it!
I wish you luck 12Michael, we all need it. It's a minefied out there.

vampirequeen Sun 04-Feb-18 14:38:15

I met my DH on a dating website but we were on different sites and it was only after we met that we realised. It turned out well for us. Like all online dating you have to keep your wits about you. Anyone who asks for money needs reporting and blocking asap. Its up to you how you reply to offers of 'personal' pictures. Some people like them and others don't.

I really enjoyed my time on internet dating. I met some lovely men (online and in real life), made some good friends and like I said before I met my DH.

Enjoy yourself 12Michael. It's a great way to relearn the art of flirting.

lyndonro Fri 08-Jun-18 09:37:51

Met my other half on www.over60datingsite.co.uk and have been happily married now for three years. Maybe I got lucky but I only met a couple of people and both were lovely

Lyndon