Gransnet forums

Relationships

stepdaughter

(7 Posts)
sandye Sun 11-Mar-18 21:07:29

I received this message from my stepdaughter this morning, sp so pleasedhappy happy mothering Sunday to my fantastic mothering second mum. Love you so much and can never repay you for accepting me and loving me like your family. I waited 40 years for a family and feel blessed yoy and your children are in my life. I didn't want to upset anyone posting online which is why I'm sending this message. Got you a little present as I don't want to outshine or upset your darling children but would like to make a bigger gesture as you are my world. Love and sunshine xxxx

crazyH Sun 11-Mar-18 21:13:09

That's one lovely stepdaughter ! You must have been a very "mother" to her .

ginny Sun 11-Mar-18 21:30:13

How lovely !

Coolgran65 Sun 11-Mar-18 21:33:51

I am on the other side here. I have one son and three stepsons. My ds and one dss live abroad.

Yesterday i had lovely spring flowers delivered from my ds and an email message today.t

From my dss abroad I had a lovely gift delivered and he phoned me tonight.

Two dss and their wives and the dc living locally brought gifts and took dh and myself out to lunch.

Coolgran65 Sun 11-Mar-18 21:42:50

Sorry, posted too soon......

Best of all, best gift..... My dear step granddaughter wrote me a poem.
"You make cakes
You have lots of rakes
And you never take a break.
I also think you're absolutely great.
Lots of love and hugs and kisses, from .....

I was quite emotional. Nine of us were around the table at lunch and I said I felt very blessed. And eldest dss said, No Coolgran. It's us who are blessed to have you in our lives.

ginny Sun 11-Mar-18 22:09:15

Don’t want to crash OP s thread but also had a message from ( unofficial) SIL separate from DD who had no idea he was sending it. Knowing what a difficult time he has had since his Mum died very young, I felt very honoured with his simple ‘ Happy Mother’s Day’ xxx

Marydoll Sun 11-Mar-18 22:50:53

Lots of lovely SILs or potential SILs out there.
I too got a lovely gift from my future SIL, that my DD knew nothing about.☺️