Gransnet forums


Daughter problems

(4 Posts)
Spentwidow Fri 18-Jan-19 09:27:50

My daughter isn't happy with her new situation after moving into tiny flat last year . And has mentioned moving into my home ( which I rent out at the moment . But as I would be still to far to help with childcare , I'm worried it could all be for the worse! As she would leave her ex partner area to se his daughter, and child would have to leave school and friends. And she would loose job and the finainsil implicatioons would make the the situation worse I think any ideas ? As it's worrying me .

Izabella Fri 18-Jan-19 10:31:11

A difficult one. Have you a long term tenant in your home you would not wish to evict?

At the end of the day the move was your daughters choice to move into the flat (for whatever reasons) and as an adult perhaps leave her to reassess the situation. I realise you want to help, but helping does not always allow people to learn to stand on their own two feet. I hope this all pans out for you.

paddyann Fri 18-Jan-19 10:43:50

I dont think you can evict a tenant unless its because you want to live in the house yourself or sell it .

paddyann Fri 18-Jan-19 12:31:46

sorry posted too soon,that might give you a getout clause