1) My doctor reckons I come from a dysfunctional family
2) I have been lonely all my life even though I have 2 sisters
who are in their 50's and I'm 60
3) Sisters have never really made an effort with me but I have made all the effort over the years
4) One sister has repeatedly written evil letters to me, \She wrote an evil letter which my husband read and a week later he died suddenly at 56.
5) My husband I loved from the moment I saw him and when he died suddenly I couldn't cope and fell apart. My other sister expected me to get over my grief in a month and I couldn't. I am still grieving a year on and have severe depression and have been on a maximum dosage of anti-depressants. Counselling hasn't worked.
6) My dad died 3 weeks after my husband.
7) mum has dementia and lives with my other sister. I went to see my sister and mum and was told to leave by my BIL
after 30 mins because my sister had to get up for work. I left immediately but thought my BIL was rude in the way he dealt with the situation. Now my sister has banned me from her house. So, I can't see my mum.
8) At Christmas I'm on my own with my one daughter and we only get one card from each other- same on birthdays.
Both my daughter and I are very lonely. We find it difficult to make friends with people. Counsellors have told us both that we are too nice. We have tried to join various clubs, have volunteered for things and have a part time job but no-one seems to want to make friends.
I spend days crying as I don't know whether it is me, my family or the way society is.
Has anyone out there felt like me and overcome it. If so how did you crack the problem?
I'm trying to sort my life out but have no ideas on how to beat the loneliness.
Envious of real friendship - trouble making friends
Security is now so intense - cracking down on fraud
We owe the next generation better - children in shipping containers