Gransnet forums

Relationships

Loneliness

(4 Posts)
Stewpot47 Sun 12-Apr-20 01:51:00

I have been in lockdown at my partners home but want to go back to my own apartment 10miles away. I never intended to stay all the time, I normally just spend weekends there but when we went into lockdown we thought it would be better in one place. I’m frightened I’ll be lonely if I go home. I’m getting very stressed not knowing what to do ?

Hithere Sun 12-Apr-20 01:59:20

What worries you? Why do you think you are better off in your apartment?

sodapop Sun 12-Apr-20 08:23:21

I think its the stress of the current situation which is making you feel like this Stewpot47
We tend to latch on to something which then gets out of proportion. Try to make the best of things as they are now, enjoy the company of your partner. Take one day at a time as restrictions are lifted, we will get back to normal gradually so you will have time to think about your plans. Take care.

craftyone Sun 12-Apr-20 08:29:26

my neighbour is always out visiting his partner, my other neighbour has a partner who went home last weekend, almost 100 miles away. She looked very guilty when she told me she was going but I am not her keeper. I think there are many couples who need space

If loneliness is the problem then that is a completely different situation to being with someone constantly. Do you have food and all the essentials at the apartment and would you be able to take some daily exercise? Which is worse being alone or being in close proximity to your partner24/4?