Gransnet forums

Relationships

Relationship

(6 Posts)
Hithere Sat 08-Aug-20 17:45:29

Do you have examples he gave you about you being controlling?
Has he brought it up before?

Judy54 Sat 08-Aug-20 17:42:41

Yes Grandmabatty is right you need to ask for examples. How may times has he said this to you and over what period of time. There needs to be more clarification from him as to what about you he finds controlling. After 23 years together and 14 years of marriage you at least need to hear more even if it might be upsetting.Please sit down together and talk things through so that you can both understand what the problems are.

Grandmabatty Sat 08-Aug-20 17:17:53

Are you controlling? Do you recognise that in yourself? If so, what have you done about it? If not, have you asked for examples so that you could think about it and maybe change? Be prepared that he may have found someone else.

AGAA4 Sat 08-Aug-20 17:13:46

After 23 years he has decided you are controlling. Could there be another reason why he wants to end your marriage?

quizqueen Sat 08-Aug-20 17:07:46

That's a long time for him to come to that decision. If what he says is true and it's the only reason he wants to split up, can you ask him for a grace period, where you work very hard on changing your ways,.........and make sure you do!

AN97 Sat 08-Aug-20 17:00:56

This is my second marriage, first ended in divorce because of his adultery. Been with this partner 23 years married for 14 he doesn't want to be married to me anymore, says I'm controlling! I still love him but finding it hard to accept marriage over. I'm 67 scared to start over again. Want to be stronger but so difficult.