Gransnet forums

Relationships

Estranged from cousin how to mend?

(7 Posts)
sandelf Sun 25-Oct-20 19:08:21

Right - Thanks all. I'll do that. Ring for a catch-up - and check it's a good time.

Hithere Sun 25-Oct-20 13:16:29

Have you tried to call her again?

I am confused by this

"She does not warn or ask if it is a convenient time - and it wasn't but she took offence that after 15 mins or so I ended the chat."

She took offense it wasnt a convenient time but still chatted for 15 min?

You also say you dont click.
Would you be friends with this person if she wasnt your cousin?

I wouldn't say you are estranged - unless you had an established relationship before and then stopped talking

It seems to be a case of not having enough in common (apart from dna) or your cousin not interested in a relationship with you

Greenfinch Sun 25-Oct-20 12:42:13

If this happens to me I always say that I will ring back tomorrow or at a mutually convenient time.It is definitely in your court to ring her back. She will probably be delighted.

seacliff Sun 25-Oct-20 11:49:49

Just ring her and say you've been thinking of her, and hope she is doing OK. Be bright and chatty. No reference to last time. In these strange times she will hopefully be glad to hear from you.

Chewbacca Sun 25-Oct-20 11:48:14

Just pick up the phone and call her. Ask if she's got a few minutes to catch up and go from there. She's probably sat wondering why you haven't called her!

tanith Sun 25-Oct-20 11:48:06

Why can’t you just ring for a ‘catchup’? As she rang you last time seems only fair.

sandelf Sun 25-Oct-20 11:44:08

Last time my only remaining cousin rang we just didn't 'click'. She does not warn or ask if it is a convenient time - and it wasn't but she took offence that after 15 mins or so I ended the chat. 6 months have past and I'm wondering how best to re-establish relations...