Gransnet forums

Relationships

Tinned chicken soup

(13 Posts)
Ngaio1 Mon 16-Nov-20 22:17:31

I have been given several tins of cream of chicken soup. Does anyone have a recipe for using them (maybe a chicken sauce), please. Thank you.

crazyH Mon 16-Nov-20 22:24:27

Use them in a chicken casserole instead of chicken stock......pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Use, as and when you need them.

granfromafar Mon 16-Nov-20 22:28:16

Use as a sauce base for chicken and mushroom or leek pie. Depending on the make, use straight from the can or dilute with milk.

ginny Mon 16-Nov-20 22:30:30

Cook or freeze, this is one relationship that will not last.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. ?

Marydoll Mon 16-Nov-20 22:31:00

Ngaio1, At first I assumed this was about your partner and chicken soup, as it is in the relationships forum. ?
Years ago I used to fry up some onions and mushrooms, and add to the chicken soup with pieces of cooked chicken. As the soup is concentrated you need to add milk or cream to thin it.
Serve with rice or pasta.

grannyqueenie Mon 16-Nov-20 22:36:25

Perfect for using up left overs from a roast dinner ie chicken and veg. Mix with some cooked penne pasta and a handful of grated cheese. Stick in an ovenproof dish, top with crushed crisps or fresh breadcrumbs and bake in bed oven till heated through.

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 22:56:17

I've never had a great relationship with tinned soup but DH loves them all. ❣

If you're not going to just heat and eat then use them in casseroles, chicken and leek pie or with pasta. You won't need extra salt.

Franbern Tue 17-Nov-20 18:09:07

Or.....pass them over to your local Food Bank

timetogo2016 Tue 17-Nov-20 18:09:37

I use chicken soup with left over chicken.
Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish,add the soup then put mashed potatoe on the top and finished off with chicken crisps on the mash.
Bake for a good half hour or untill the mash jas browned.
My lot love it.

kircubbin2000 Tue 17-Nov-20 18:22:25

Just make soup.

Grandmabatty Tue 17-Nov-20 18:25:06

Everything I was going to say has been said! If you don't want them, then definitely give to a food bank. Creamy curry, add cooked chicken and serve with rice.

NfkDumpling Tue 17-Nov-20 18:45:17

I agree with Franbern. Give it to the local Food Bank if, like me, you don't like tinned chicken soup. If you do like it, it'll keep forever so you don't need to hurry to eat it.

sodapop Tue 17-Nov-20 18:48:02

Ugh its white can't eat it, smile