Gransnet forums

Relationships

Granddaughter and partner issues - continued

(10 Posts)
Ganny2 Mon 11-Jul-22 16:19:55

Hi all. So it's been 2 weeks he's been sleeping in spare room now. Some days he talks to me others he doesn't. Some days when he speaks its with total distain. Some days I want him to go. Some days I don't. Seems like I have lost the ability to know my own mind. It has been 14 years of him treating me well mixed with him treating me like dog poop. When he's treating me bad it can go on for weeks. He is unable to talk calmly and maturely about a problem. I haven't even tried to talk this time. Not sure exactly what I've done wrong but no doubt in his mind I do everything wrong. Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior where you feel as if you are getting punished like a child? Please I need the strength to let go of this man. Once and for all.

crazyH Mon 11-Jul-22 16:25:39

What’s ‘granddaughter’ got to do with it ?
When your husband/partner starts treating you badly, he is probably having an affair and has gone off you -that’s my experience.

Hithere Mon 11-Jul-22 16:27:44

www.gransnet.com/forums/relationships/1312372-Granddaughter-and-partner-issues

OP

It is easier if you update the original thread, for continuity

Ganny2 Mon 11-Jul-22 16:34:26

Thanks. Let me see if I can copy and paste it there

Esspee Mon 11-Jul-22 17:11:08

You have a thread on this subject already. I have just commented on it. Ask GNHQ to delete this thread as it will only confuse matters. Just tell them you would like it deleted as a duplicate thread.

Mustafafag Sat 06-Aug-22 12:38:16

Why do you want a man who treats you so badly? He treats you well NOW AND AGAIN to keep you (and his easy life). If he was always horrible you’d just chick him out right away. He enjoys treating you this way, he CHOOSES to. Would you drink a cup of tea with a teaspoon of dog poo in it? Mostly a lovely cup of tea - just that small teaspoon……but you have the same with this man.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 06-Aug-22 12:59:03

Get the strength to chuck him out

eazybee Sat 06-Aug-22 13:39:15

I don't think it is up to you to 'let him go', it is more the need for you to regain control of your life by pushing him out.
Otherwise he will leave you and hurt you even more.
Hang on to your self-respect.

Smileless2012 Sat 06-Aug-22 14:09:48

Fortunately I have never experienced this type of behaviour in an adult relationship and there's no way I'd tolerate it Ganny.

I agree with eazybee it's not a matter of letting him go, you have to get him to leave.

Grandmabatty Sat 06-Aug-22 14:13:29

You were given sound advice on your last similar thread.