Gransnet forums

Relationships

How old is too old to shop in Ann Summers?

(21 Posts)
60nSaucey Thu 23-Jan-20 23:47:08

Since I lost my beloved husband 12 years ago, I have had to look to alternative ways of satisfying myself as I have always been nervous meeting new people. I have been shopping at Ann Summers for many years now - the things that my husband (God rest his soul) used to do have nothing on some of their products! However I have been geeting some rather strange looks and snide comments in the shop recently. Is it time to call it a day on 'that' front

crazyH Thu 23-Jan-20 23:54:15

If you're brave enough to enter an Ann Summers shop, you will have no problem when you meet a new man ? Good Luck !!

notanan2 Fri 24-Jan-20 00:02:24

You could try online? Lovehoney etc?

Ann summers I associate more with hen dos and gimmicks.

A proper independant sex shop will be more open minded and will be used to people from all walks of life.

I do think ann summers is for young uns who go in there for a a laugh etc or for hen dos or secret santa rather than being really about sex stuff

60nSaucey Fri 24-Jan-20 00:07:56

I've never been a fan of online shopping, I like to get a proper look at what I'm buying. But I will have a look, thank you

notanan2 Fri 24-Jan-20 00:20:09

See if there are any "real" adult shops near you. They wont bat an eyelid & arent staffed by and full of giggly college kids.

Also they'll be more knowledgable and will be better able to recommend your next favourite toy!

kittylester Fri 24-Jan-20 07:04:30

Welcome 60nsaucey, I dont think I've seen you post before.

Grandad1943 Fri 24-Jan-20 08:35:22

You are too old to enter an Ann Summers shop when you are a man with a protrate problem. ?

Grandad1943 Fri 24-Jan-20 08:38:00

Apologies should be Prostate above. ??

Cunco Fri 24-Jan-20 09:34:22

Grandad1943 What are you doing here? smile

Pantglas2 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:58:36

Strange question cunco shouldn’t a man have an interest in a woman’s pleasure? My DH came with me once when I went in for a bit of a nose! We couldn’t figure out what to do with half the gadgets we saw but had a good giggle!

vampirequeen Fri 24-Jan-20 19:41:36

Is there a Pulse and Cocktails near you? You can have a good look around then order online if you prefer. I often wonder why the young think that they are the only people having sex? grin

GrannyLaine Fri 24-Jan-20 19:45:37

Oh thank heavens. I have passed Pulse and Cocktails SO often on the A1. Please can you tell me what on earth it is??

Davidhs Fri 24-Jan-20 20:05:12

The young don’t have a clue, they think they invented sex and it all ends a 40. Age doesn't matter if you’re with a partner you really love. You don’t need Ann Summers either.

GagaJo Fri 24-Jan-20 20:34:54

Not about need David's. It's about extra fun!

Cunco Sat 25-Jan-20 13:06:39

Pantglas2 I am a man, married for over 50 years. I was just pulling Grandad's leg, hence the smile. I thought he might just have popped in from the rain. smile. No offence was intended.

With that, I will beat a hasty retreat to safer subjects like Brexit. smile

timetogo2016 Sat 25-Jan-20 13:54:07

Go online 60nSaucy to a company called Bondara and I wouldn`t worry what others think they are in there for the same type of thing the cheeky mares.
Oh and good for you.

BlueBelle Sat 25-Jan-20 13:57:01

I m impressed with a woman whose too shy to meet a man going into an Ann Summers shop !!

Fiachna50 Sat 25-Jan-20 15:06:56

I think this is a hoax post.

ninathenana Sat 25-Jan-20 16:23:05

"Grandad1943* prostate problems are not confined to the old.
?

Grandad1943 Sat 25-Jan-20 19:00:24

ninathenana in regard to your post @16:23 today, I did not state that prostate problems are not confined to older men.

What I did state in my post @08:35 yesterday was "that you are too old to enter an Ann Summers shop when you are a man with a prostate problem."

The above was posted in what I hoped would be received as a joking manner. However, it seems that was not the case with some who have visited this thread.

It is the case however that prostate problems increasingly affect men as they age. I recently had a large health scare in regard to a prostate/bladder problem which very fortunately following tests was diagnosed as no more than an enlarged prostate which affects nearly all men above the age of approximately fifty-five.

Being very relieved at the outcome of the diagnosis was the reason I made that joke in this thread, and for no other reason.

Alishka Mon 27-Jan-20 17:33:36

I moved to a row of bungalows already specially designed for more elderly tenants. My neighbour tells me that she receives the latest A.S.'s catalogue addressed to the previous, now deceased, tenant at that address. And she;s ordered from it. A Silver Bullet, I believe.winkgrin