Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Tell TalkTalk what you enjoy watching with your DGCs over the summer holidays – £150 Love2Shop voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(72 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 04-Aug-14 16:09:37

TalkTalk has asked us to find out what gransnetters enjoy watching with their DGCs over the summer holidays.

Here's what TalkTalk say, "We have a huge range of family entertainment lined up this summer on the UK’s fastest growing TV service and we want to find out what you will be watching over the school holidays.

Here at TalkTalk TV, we like to do things a little differently. We're championing flexible TV and are proud to be the only provider that let's viewers enjoy additional sports, movies, or kids channels for just a month, or in some cases a day at a time, giving you a little bit of what you fancy when it suits you. We believe that great entertainment should be for everyone - at a price that won't break the bank. It's TV you'll be glued to - not stuck with.

We have hundreds of films available on the TalkTalk Box Office over the summer including The Lego Movie, Rio 2 and Muppets Most Wanted, an array of kids content from the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network and Nickledeon and access to Sky entertainment on our flexible monthly boosts. And our new Taster weekends are the perfect addition for lovers of family entertainment, allowing you to sample extra channels from our Boosts for free for weekends at a time.

Our free Tasters will launch on the weekend of 1st-3rd August with the Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, helping families kick off the school summer holidays."

So, what's your favourite TV show to watch with your DGCs? Is it an arts and crafts TV show which inspire you both to get creative? Perhaps it’s a nature programme? Or, maybe if your DGCs are a bit older, it’s a quiz show or your favourite TV drama? Whatever it is, we’d love to know which TV programmes you’re enjoying watching with your DGCs this summer!

Everyone who leaves their comment below will be entered into a prize draw to win £150 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

Bun123 Fri 26-Sep-14 01:02:03

For my youngest grandchild (Freddie) its Totally Thomas. Thomas the Tank engine and his friends rule the roost.
I must admit I have grown to love them too, the scrapes they get into, the adventures and there is always a high moral side to the tales, - the best thing you can be is A Really Useful Engine!

MichelleGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 02-Sep-14 15:56:33

Thanks to everyone for their comments smile Congratulations to buckleycat who won the prize draw for the £150 Love2Shop voucher!

Maggiemaybe Sat 30-Aug-14 13:58:38

I've tried my little grandsons (20 months and 14 months) on a few things that I thought might appeal to their age group. The only things that seem to have caught their attention so far are The Night Garden (I don't know how the writers/producers have got into these babies' heads to find out exactly what they like, but they have!) and, to some extent, Peppa Pig.

But they both have an enduring fascination for the diddleiddleiddleiddleiddleiddleping countdown sound on Pointless. And if we get a pow at the end for a pointless answer, joy abounds.

Coolgran65 Sat 30-Aug-14 02:27:41

Wee one at 3 loves the usual Peppa Pig and Hump and Thomas the Tank.
The 7 year old is into I Carly.
But love the good old - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mama Mia, The Waltons.

And one of the best - Supernanny, they love how she teaches the naughty children/parents how to be 'happy'.

jodandrob Sat 30-Aug-14 00:42:06

my 3 year old loves watching peppa pig and we have watched every episode now and know most of the words lol.

KITTENPAL Fri 29-Aug-14 06:37:02

The youngest (pre-school) really like Peppa Pig & the 5 year old likes Mike the Knight and most CBeebies. Its great when there are magazines and toys to tie in with things. Cartoons are always popular and anything with Dinosaurs, even if sometimes I dont think its entirely suitable for their age! They both like anything wildlife but not too long or documentary style as the attention span wanes.

futuregran1 Fri 29-Aug-14 01:42:26

My favourite programmes to watch with the family are the gardening programmes. When we go into the garden, I'm reminded what I should do because they have watched the experts very closely.

anjo4321 Thu 28-Aug-14 17:39:25

My grandchildren aged 8,9,10,13 & 14 like watching Dragons Den hoping it will trigger an as yet un thought of idea that they can expand into lucrative future employment whilst also gaining enjoyment because it would be something they had nurtured.

ineedsensibleanswersplease Sat 23-Aug-14 17:14:46

My mum looks after my 2year old and 8month old for me 3 days a week while I work. I always love going to pick them up because they're always sat snuggling grandma watching 'the chase' with a cup of tea shock grin (2year old) 8month old has milk and all three have biscuits.
They both - well all three of them, love the show and my ds always tells my mum that 'mummy home chase' so he knows I'll be there before it finishes.

bikerbill Fri 22-Aug-14 15:37:46

My grandson loves watching Chuggington and the Night Garden. I know if its the Night Garden he's watching then its nearly time for bed!

Nonu Thu 21-Aug-14 14:49:50

There is a programme based on the character of Mr Bean, sort of an animation, My G/C & I love it.
smile

db3745 Thu 21-Aug-14 14:44:15

CBeebies in general and the wonderful Justin Fletcher in particular. When you think of some of the nobodies who pick up knighthoods simply because it goes with the job, then Justin is long overdue. Thomas the Tank Engine has been overtaken now, and it's the Lego movie or anything to do with superheroes, especially Batman.

Jillmcp Thu 21-Aug-14 10:24:30

Always Mickey Mouse in our house

kayleigh39 Wed 20-Aug-14 22:40:50

I have 12 grand kids, so with the young ones we watch Mr Tumble and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (my OH knows the words to all the songs!), the 7-12 years olds, we tend to watch movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and the older teens we love watching comedy programmes.

sylwright Wed 20-Aug-14 14:17:08

My 2 year old grandson loves quite a lot of the programs on CBeebies but watches them none stop for a while then moves onto another program. He also loves watching any of the Pixar/Disney films and is currently loving Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid.

Best for winding down are The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child which he loves.

Humbertbear Tue 19-Aug-14 07:59:29

Frozen, Frozen and Frozen. Is there anything else to watch this summer? If so no one has told my little ones.

chris2468 Mon 18-Aug-14 09:28:28

So, what's your favourite TV show to watch with your DGCs?
Arts and Crafts because of the ideas for things to do together

HannahLI Sun 17-Aug-14 21:53:06

My kids love sitting with my mum (their Grandmother) and watching Disney, I think its my Mum's way of feeling like she can without feeling guilty and they love to watch the films that we don't have and then talk about them.

Isis1981uk Sun 17-Aug-14 16:19:17

The Pudsey Movie for their first time at the cinema.

clairew137 Sat 16-Aug-14 21:57:56

Blue Peter is always a favourite in our house.

stephgr Sat 16-Aug-14 06:59:14

we've recently been enjoying videos from my youth like muffin the mule and andy pandy plus ones from my own children's youth like trumpton and bod. Childrens programmes are so different now but my grandchildren love seeing what Grannie and Mummy watched!

buckleycat Fri 15-Aug-14 20:55:44

Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom is a favourite - I secretly quite enjoy it too!! A lot of the voice artists from Peppa Pig pop up so I entertain myself by spotting those! Disney classics are always enjoy, as are the Pixar ones - especially Finding Nemo, although I must confess that I fast forward the shark bit as don't want to give grandson nightmares!! x

Purpledaffodil Fri 15-Aug-14 18:42:49

Four year old GS has passed through Night Garden and Peppa Pig ( sadly). He is quite keen on Justin's House, but now prefers commandeering my iMac for the Cbeebies web site where there are some excellent games and activities. Yesterday he was learning Punjabi! Although I don't have much in the way of children's films, at home he loves Frozen and sings the songs constantly. Our children's stuff is all on VHS and we now have nothing to play them on. Bad planning Nana!

nanaseaside Thu 14-Aug-14 23:21:59

TV is rationed for our little one. Peppa Pig is my nearly 3 years old granddaughter's favourite. When I'm missing her I watch Peppa to bring back nice memories of us snuggling together on the sofa laughing at pompous Grandpa Pig. In the Night Garden, Mr Maker and Justin's House are well watched. Also the one with Bernard Cribbins as the old sailor with his dog. Forgot the title! She also loves Noddy, as did her father 30 years ago.

Maren Thu 14-Aug-14 22:32:01

I always put the older films on, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or Mary Poppins are some of the faves. We are partial to a bit of a peppa pig though too.