Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

What no longer bothers you (now you are older!)? You could win a fabulous L'Oreal goodie bag worth £200! NOW CLOSED

(280 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 26-Jan-15 11:31:12

Talk to L'Oreal about the things that no longer bother you (now you are older!) and you could win a fabulous goodie bag full of L'Oreal must-haves worth £200!

We've been asked by L'Oreal to find out from gransnetters what no longer stresses you out.

So, what did you used to worry about, but don't any longer? Maybe you used to get stressed over what people thought of you, Or perhaps entertaining used to cause you to fret unnecessarily, but now, you love it?

Whatever it is - L'Oreal would love to hear about it!

Everyone who adds a comment to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive the beauty goodie bag worth £200.

To find out more about L'Oreal's Perfect Age campaign click here: www.loreal-paris.co.uk/perfectage

nannybev Thu 26-Feb-15 21:40:43

Since the loss of my parents, I no longer worry about who or what others might expect of me. The most important thing is to live the life you want to live, with family and friends being part of that life,so enjoyment can run throughout, we are part of this life for such a short time in the scheme of things, so why stress yourself out by worrying, it achieves nothing.Love and be loved.

denjay Wed 11-Feb-15 21:43:13

I am happy wearing and going out in flat shoes now. I would have stayed in if I couldn't wear platforms and high heels in years gone by, now I think, well no-one is going to say look at her wearing flat shoes are they? Comfortable and sensible for me

cookiemonster66 Wed 11-Feb-15 11:07:09

I no longer fret about all the petty things in life, since my daughter died its made me realise all those things in life are insignificant to the big picture of having a healthy happy family.

grannybiker Mon 09-Feb-15 21:59:37

One of my favourite sayings is that I'm not hormonal, I just have days when I'm less inclined to put up with crap!
I'm no longer worry about the small stuff

Compermo Mon 09-Feb-15 21:30:17

Now I'm getting more forgetful, I worry more about what I'm supposed to be remembering, so everything else I used to worry about goes by the board anyway!

helcrai Mon 09-Feb-15 19:51:08

It doesn't bother me if I leave the house without a scrap of makeup on- I think once you're past 40 you become "invisible" anyway!

Ddpunk Mon 09-Feb-15 16:10:35

Oh gosh, there's so many things that i'm only now realising that i pointlessly worried about in my younger days!
It's very liberating to not worry so much about my appearance now!

chrriss88 Mon 09-Feb-15 16:08:51

"My weight" love me or leave me but a yoyo I will no longer be!

katiefish Mon 09-Feb-15 14:02:24

How I look, my hubby loves me no matter what I look like and that's all that matters to me

madelineann Mon 09-Feb-15 12:15:38

i look after myself and and i not bothered what anyone think of me as i feel good for myself

marchez50 Mon 09-Feb-15 11:54:55

I don't care what people think of me anymore
I say no if I don't want to do something
I feel no need to pretend I have a fantastically riotous social life
I question authority more without embarrassment
Makes me sound grumpy but actually I'm rather happy

diva1977 Mon 09-Feb-15 10:34:02

Having my eyebrows plucked within an inch of their life. Or having perfectly smooth legs. I dont go around like hairy monster but if an iodd hair needs plucking so be it and few mm of leg stubble so long as noticeable que sera sera

sydroo Mon 09-Feb-15 08:35:43

I no longer bother about leaving the house wearing mis-matched socks or talking out loud to myself (usually about things I have forgotten to buy) in the supermarket.

mushypea Mon 09-Feb-15 05:32:30

The state of the house.
When I was younger, if I knew that I was due visitors I'd rush round cleaning, dusting, washing cushion covers and throws, buying fresh flowers, lighting scented candle's (we've always had dogs) and generally 'juzzing' (is that how you spell it?) the place up.
Now I'm much more relaxed. The place is still clean and tidy, just not as clean and tidy as it used to be!

mulgrove Mon 09-Feb-15 00:43:40

Ghost Films

bc1616 Mon 09-Feb-15 00:01:01

I don't care about my grey hair coming through any more. I used to dye it as soon as I saw the grey but now I wait till I'm ready!

handbar Sun 08-Feb-15 23:03:58

I do not have to worry about how I am doing at work now I am retired. I am finding now for the first time I can be myself and not be afraid to have an opinion.

cathyov Sun 08-Feb-15 20:29:41

I no longer worry about taking the time to relax - I feel I deserve it!

Smoosh Sun 08-Feb-15 20:28:57

I don't care what people think about me, if they don't like me then that's their problem not mine!

sweir1 Sun 08-Feb-15 20:01:44

about what other people think

Kangakate Sun 08-Feb-15 19:21:13

I don't worry about what I'm going to be when I'm older, I'm a Veterinary Nurse with a wonderful husband! x

tab1967 Sun 08-Feb-15 19:06:20

I dont worry about what people think of me when im being silly with the grandchildren. If we want to sing christmas songs in the middle of the year in the local supermarket so what, so long as im making them happy is all that counts.

cornishgirl54 Sun 08-Feb-15 18:48:49

I did mean "worrying" about appearance - "not wearing" (senior moment lol)

cornishgirl54 Sun 08-Feb-15 18:47:17

Footwear! I now feel quite free to wear trainers because they are comfy rather than wearing about appearance. Having said that I still like to keep up a beauty regime - only a more simplified one with BB cream, touch of blusher, mascara and eyeshadow and lipstick. Quickly and easily applied!

mandye Sun 08-Feb-15 18:34:44

pleasing people!!