I don't care what the decor is like, or whether the house has been cleaned or not. I look for location, size, shape and layout of rooms etc. I also have a good nosey at neighbours' houses - I am interested in whether they look aftre their properties. Everything else is superficial and will be changed after purchase anyway.
When selling, I try to de-clutter, as it makes rooms look bigger, but other than that I don't do much. I know people who spend a fortune on redecorating etc, just for someone to undo all their work a few weeks later - what's the point?
Gransnet forums
Sponsored discussions
Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »



