The first cruise was with my sister to the Canary Islands. I was hooked! Loved experiencing tasters of countries/places never visited. Loved the food, entertainment and meeting all sorts of people from different areas. The entertainment was a bonus, the freedom to join in events or relax on deck a treat. When I returned home I realised my dream of visiting the Caribbean could become a reality. I booked to go alone. Felt completely safe, as a single woman traveller and would recommend that way of travelling. I felt looked after by crew and this was on a large liner, again I met lots of interesting people both solo travellers and couples. Advice? Take casual clothes but a few "dress ups" too, who doesn't like to feel fabulous occasionally? Relax and enjoy. Take excursions you would never have thought of doing and enjoy.
Miniatur Wunderland, Hamburg. Guinness World Records
UAE threatening Burnham over Man City
Good Morning Sunday 4th October 2026
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)


Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at
